The Sinai Population Health Institute introduces participants to critical population health topics, with a special focus on health equity and social determinants of health. During the week-long Institute, a diverse group of experts lead participants on an exploration of issues often not covered in traditional curricula, presented through a health equity lens and with a community perspective. The Institute fills a critical gap in the training of health care professionals, preparing them to better serve vulnerable populations and provide evidence-based care. Interactive teaching methods focus on building practical skills and knowledge, while exposing participants to the broad range of social, financial, and environmental factors that influence health.
Why attend the Sinai Population Health Institute?
- Expand your ability to understand and treat diverse patients
- Increase your skills related to practicing evidence-based medicine
- Understand the shift in health care to a focus on prevention, wellness, and value-based care
- Better appreciate the importance of culture and community engagement to the provision of quality health care
- Prepare for the increasingly interdisciplinary nature of health care
- Learn from a wide range of speakers, including researchers, practitioners, and representatives of vulnerable patient populations
Sample of topics covered
- Health disparities
- Social determinants of health
- Conducting health assessments
- Access to health care
- Caring for vulnerable populations
- Interdisciplinary care teams
- Community engagement
- Program evaluation
- Research methods and statistics
- Evidence-based medicine
- Health care policy
- Managed care
- Discrimination in health care
- Health literacy
Who should attend?
- Students pursuing a degree in a health profession field, such as MD/DO, PA/NP/RN, PT/OT, or Pharmacy
- Health care practitioners looking to expand their knowledge and skills
- Public health practitioners or those working in related fields
Details about the 2nd Annual Population Health Institute (June 3-7, 2019)
The Sinai Population Health Institute is a one-week immersion into the dynamic world of population health. It takes place at Mount Sinai Hospital, which is located in North Lawndale, a historically rich, but socioeconomically poor community in Chicago. For more information about the Institute, including cost and potential institutional arrangements, please contact email@example.com.