How to Apply
We are proud to have a diverse residency program. American, International and Foreign Medical Graduates are welcome to apply to our program. Candidates interested in applying for Family Practice Residency at Mount Sinai must meet the following criteria:
- Complete and submit their application through Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) by November 1st. Application must include:
- Official medical school transcript(‘s)
- At least 3 letters of recommendation.
- USMLE/COMLEX scores
- Personal Statement
- Dean’s Letter
- Graduation from medical school within the last five (5) years with no interruption in medical training.
- A minimum score of 210 on USMLE Step 1, 220 on Step 2 CK, and Pass on Step 2 CS, on first attempt (we do not accept applicants with USMLE repeated attempts).
- US clinical experience is preferred.
Constructive group dynamics are essential to the Family Medicine Program and to individual residents. Therefore, we may decide to pre-match, and withdraw from the Match as soon as we identify six appropriate candidates.
The Family Medicine Residency Program at Mount Sinai Hospital DOES NOT offer observerships or externships.
Yes, we accept J1 visas sponsored by the ECFMG. Other visas will be discussed on a case by case basis.
For more information, or questions concerning the program please contact us via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in our program,
We look forward to meeting you soon.