STEPS Industrial Rehab is Schwab's workplace-based program of training for the industrial worker. Designed to keep the clinic at the job site, rather than through simulations in an office, STEPS provides basic and specialized services, both preventative and curative.
Rehab Fitted to the Worker
From evaluating a single employee to planning complete workplace ergonomics, STEPS fits the job to the worker, rather than forcing the worker to fit the job. What this means is fewer worker injuries, as well as reduced absenteeism and turnover, as employees are able to work smarter. Over time, STEPS is a bargain for the employer.
Some of the services we provide at STEPS include:
- Functional and Work Capacity Evaluations—to evaluate a worker's ability to perform work-related tasks
- Ergonomic Assessments—to evaluate a worker's computer workstation or job site.
- Physical Therapy
- Daily Work Conditioning—on or off the work site, to simulate workplace demands while preventing injury
- Customized "Back Schools”—to teach workers about posture, anatomy, body mechanics and problem-solving
- Hand Therapy – for carpal tunnel syndrome or industrial trauma.
- Pre-Placement Screening - for new employees.