You are here
Schwab’s pediatric rehabilitation program serves children and adolescents with disabling medical conditions and their families to the end of highest possible achievement for each patient. Common conditions treated include:
- Cerebral palsy
- Brain injury
- Spina bifida
- Birth and acquired orthopedic conditions
- Spinal cord injury
- Congenital and developmental disabilities
- Autism spectrum disorder
Our KidsRehab program endeavors to provide your child with the best medical care or therapy to enable a full and playful life. Each member of our team of physicians, therapists and nurses has specialized pediatric training.
Inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation typically involves a team comprised of:
- Pediatric physiatrist (a physician who specializes in physical medicine and rehabilitation care of children and adolescents)
- Developmental pediatrician
- Pediatric physical, occupational and speech therapists
- Rehabilitation nurses
The team may involve other pediatric and adolescent specialists, schools, and equipment suppliers all focused on developing a plan of care tailored to each patient’s needs.