You are here
Schwab’s general rehabilitation program serves individuals with a broad range of conditions, including:
- Orthopedic conditions, such as post-joint replacement and fracture
- Disabling medical conditions including heart and lung disease; individuals who have survived critical illness; HIV/AIDS; transplant, and cancer rehabilitation
- Neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s Disease, multiple sclerosis, and neurodegenerative conditions
Each member of our team of physicians, therapists and nurses has specialized in rehabilitation training. Using state of the art techniques and equipment, and focusing on the goals of each patient we serve, our team partners with patients to achieve high levels of performance.
Inpatient and outpatient general rehabilitation typically involves a team comprised of:
- Physiatrist (a physician specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation)
- Physical, occupational, recreational and speech therapists
- Rehabilitation nurses
- Rehabilitation psychologists, case managers, and social workers
The team may involve other primary care and medical specialists, dieticians, and equipment suppliers, all of whom are focused on developing a plan of care tailored to each patient’s needs.
Physicians may refer patients to our Inpatient Rehab or Subacute Care by contacting the Admissions office at 773-522-5895.