Frequently Asked Questions
A disproportionate number of patients in our community today are suffering from obesity and its related health problems, such as high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, stroke and arthritis. Surgical treatment offers the health benefits of reducing the risk or severity of these conditions and diseases.
What surgical treatment for weight loss do you currently offer?
- Laparasopic adjustable gastric band (lap band)
- Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy (removal of approximately 85% of stomach)
- Education about obesity, proper nutrition, lifestyle changes for patient and spouse or family
- Behavioral health evaluation and support
- Orientation to weight loss surgery
- Adjustments to lap band
- Referrals for smoking cessation assistance
- Referrals for financing for self-pay patients
What are some of the requirement to be considered for weight loss surgery?
- Between ages of 18-65
- BMI of 35 or higher, with obesity-related medical problems or BMI of 40 or higher without medical problems
- BMI not higher than 55 or more than 100 lbs over ideal body weight
- Nonsmoker or smoke-free for at least six months
What are some of the major conditions the weight loss program can treat?
Our program can help reduce the risk of obesity related diseases, such as hypertension, heart disease, diabetes, arthritis and stroke.
What kind of insurance do you accept
- Private insurance
- Self-pay patients
How can I schedule an appointment or get more information?