The Weight Loss Surgery Program at Mount Sinai Hospital provides the patient with the weight loss doctors and weight loss resources needed not only to reduce weight, but also to alleviate related health conditions like diabetes or heart disease. Committed to aiding the patient throughout his or her weight loss journey, our physicians are dedicated to providing care in a compassionate and nonjudgmental way.
The Weight Loss Journey at Mount Sinai Hospital
Sinai’s Chicago weight loss surgery program guides the patient throughout the entire weight loss journey—before, during and after gastric banding surgery.
Our program provides:
- Free, regularly scheduled information sessions with surgeon
- Education about obesity, proper nutrition and necessary changes for the patient, the spouse, and their family
- Cooking and exercise classes to help ensure a healthy lifestyle
- Classes on living with gastric banding, stress management, and healthy shopping
Our weight loss support staff is dedicated to ensuring the healthful success of the patient through:
- Adjustments to gastric band
- Referrals for smoking cessation assistance
- Referrals for financing for self-pay patients
Our Caregiver team includes:
- Dr. Steven Bonomo, Physician
- Florence Molinaro, Certified Bariatric Nurse Coordinator
- Samantha Woulfe, Registered Dietician