How to Apply
How to apply (For Academic year 2015/2016)
Q: What are the requirements to apply for your residency program?
A: We are proud to have a diverse residency program. American, International and Foreign Medical Graduates are welcome to apply to our program.
- All candidates must apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Constructive group dynamics are essential to the Family Medicine Program as well as individual residents. Therefore, we might decide to withdraw from the match as soon as we identify six appropriate candidates.
- Applicants must complete and submit their applications by November 1st.
Application must include:
- Medical school transcript.
- Personal Statement.
- Dean's Letter.
- Four letters of recommendation.
- Graduation from medical school within the last five (5) years with no interruption in medical training.
- US clinical experience is preferred.
Q: Do you have a certain USMLE cut off score for applicants?
A: Our USMLE cut off score of 210 and 220 on step 1 and step 2CK respectively.
Q: Do you accept applicants with USMLE repeated attempts?
Q: Do you sponsor visas?
A: Yes, we accept J1 visas sponsored by the ECFMG. Other visas to be discussed on case by case basis.
Q: Do you offer Observerships or Externships?
A: The Family Medicine Residency Program at Mount Sinai Hospital DOES NOT offer observerships or externships.
Q: What is the preferred way to contact you?
A: The best way to reach us is via e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: Do you use Electronic Medical Records (EMR) at Mount Sinai Hospital?
A: Yes, we use Electronic Medical Records in all our training locations.
Q: What are the most recent changes in your program?
A: Some of the program innovations:
- With the way technology is integrated into the practice of medicine, each one of our residents gets an iPad to be able to access patient files 24/7 and also to provide full access to available educational material.
- Based from our belief in the importance of continued medical education, the program fully sponsored our PGY2 residents for the AAFP Assembly 2014 (Washington, DC).
Thank you for your interest in our program,
We look forward to meeting you soon.