Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Under the Rainbow)
Under the Rainbow (UTR) is an outpatient therapy program for children, adolescents up to age 18, and their families. UTR evaluates and treats most child and adolescent mental health disorders, including behavioral and school problems. There are also specialized programs for childhood obesity, diabetes, and the evaluation and treatment of child abuse and neglect. UTR also provides 24/7 crisis intervention program for youth (Screening, Assessment, and Supportive Services) residing in the Lower West Side of Chicago. Services are consumer driven, culturally sensitive and bi-lingual (Spanish/English).
- Provide wide spectrum of outpatient mental health services to children, adolescents, and families.
- Complete mental health assessments on children and adolescents.
- Provide individual, family, and group therapy to underserved youth and families of the Sinai and surrounding communities.
- Work collaboratively within the Under the Rainbow clinical team composed of psychiatrists, psychologists, psychotherapists as well as with other hospital departments.
- Collaborate with outside systems in which youth are involved in (DCFS, school, medical providers,…).
- Provide clinical supervision to social work interns and be active participant in the training team.
- Assists patients and their families with personal and environmental difficulties, which predispose illness or interfere with obtaining maximum benefits from medical care.
- Works in close collaboration with physicians and other appropriate health care personnel in patient evaluation and treatment to further their understanding of significant social and emotional factors underlying patient’s health problems
- Provides direct services to patients and patient’s significant others through the evaluation of social and psychological data. Assists patients and significant others through individual or group conferences to understand, accept, and follow medical recommendations and restore patient to optimum social and health adjustment.
- Coordinates external social services and other appropriate assistance for assigned patient caseloads. Provides services planned to restore patient to optimum social and health adjustment within patient’s capacity
- Interviews patients and patient’s significant others to develop patient and family social history. Prepares assessments, develops goals, provides intervention, and documents all.
- Identifies appropriate community resources, such as family and community agencies, to provide external patient services. Participates in planning for improving health services by interpreting social factors pertinent to development of program
- Prepare and maintain appropriate records and reports such as assessments and progress notes.
MINIMUM EDUCATION: A Master’s degree - MSW from an accredited school of social work is required.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE: At least four years of post Master’s degree social work experience is required.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Licensure by the State of Illinois as a Clinical Social Worker is required
Bilingual Spanish/English strongly preferred
*****To apply for this position email your resume as a Word or PDF file to email@example.com with the title of the position in the subject line.