Se encuentra usted aquí
Services for Expectant Mothers
At Sinai Health System, our physicians will care for you and your family before, during, and after your pregnancy. We offer a full range of maternity services throughout our various member institutions.
Sinai Medical Group
Free Pregnancy Testing
Sinai Medical Group offers free pregnancy testing at the following locations:
Walk-ins are welcome.
Mount Sinai Hospital
Mount Sinai Hospital delivers quality healthcare with family-centered maternity services in a warm, comfortable setting to provide a safe, healthy and positive birthing experience for every new mother and her child. Our staff offers women the support they need throughout all phases of pregnancy, labor, delivery, recovery and the postpartum period. The care team is prepared to take care of mothers and babies in every circumstance, from routine births to high-risk deliveries, including immediate access to a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
Mount Sinai Hospital’s services include:
Free Prenatal Classes
Expectant mothers are invited to attend free prenatal classes, available weekly in both English and Spanish. Moms-to-be will receive a tour of the hospital, learn about what to expect during pregnancy and childbirth, and learn more about caring for a newborn.
Labor and Delivery
Our Level III NICU provides the highest level of care available for newborns—and it just steps from the delivery room. Our neonatologists are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Mount Sinai Hospital strives to make each new mother’s delivery experience safe, comfortable, healthy and as stress-free as possible. We offer:
- Private rooms for delivery
- Operating rooms for caesarean sections
- 24-hour anesthesia coverage
- Bilingual staff and Interpretive Services/VRI (Video Report Interpreting)
- Onsite pediatrician and nurse specialists
- Several private post-partum rooms
- A welcome atmosphere for community physicians, midwives, and doulas
Sinai Children’s Hospital
Located within Mount Sinai Hospital, Sinai Children’s Hospital offers the finest medical treatment from caregivers who are committed to providing excellent care to children. The hospital offers:
- General pediatric services
- Immediate Care at Fast Track with a pediatrician available to treat children with colds, flu, and other non-life-threatening conditions
- Level I Pediatric Trauma services and Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP)
- Pediatric surgery and anesthesiology
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
Sinai Community Institute
Sinai Community Institute (SCI) offers a wide range of social and health services for pregnant women and infants. As one of the largest private Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program administrators in the State of Illinois, SCI is proud to provide nutrition education and healthy food items to eligible pregnant women, infants and children up to age 5 years. For more information, contact SCI at 773-257-6246.
Holy Cross Hospital
At Holy Cross Hospital, our caregivers are dedicated to providing and coordinating the needs of expectant mothers. Working with resources across Sinai Health System Holy Cross can help expectant mothers find the services that meet their specific needs.
The Family Birth Center
The Family Birth Center is designed to optimize your comfort, safety, and options as you welcome your newest loved one. Conveniently located on the sixth floor of Holy Cross Hospital, our birth center is equipped with the following:
- Secured and locked unit for the security of your newborn
- 24-hour in-house obstetrical coverage
- 24-hour in-house neonatology coverage
- 24-hour in-house anesthesia coverage
- Breastfeeding Support
- Free prenatal classes offered monthly
- Highly experienced and dedicated nursing staff
- 2-bed obstetrical triage
- 7 Labor and Delivery birthing suites
- Car seats available for a minimal charge
- Level II special care nursery
- Partnership with University of Illinois - Chicago Perinatal Network
To learn more. Download our brochure.