- Benjamins, Maureen R. Religious Beliefs, Diet, and Physical Activity among Jewish Adolescents. (2012). Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion, 51(3): 588-597.
- Whitman, S. Shah, A. Benjamins, M. Urban Health: Combating Disparities with Local Data Oxford University Press, 2010.
- Benjamins MR. Fighting Childhood Obesity in a Jewish Community. In Whitman, S. Shah, A. Benjamins, M. Urban Health: Combating Disparities with Local Data (197-224) Oxford University Press, 2010.
- Becker AB, Christoffel KK, Morales MA, Rodríguez JL, López JE, and M Longjohn. Combating Childhood Obesity through a Neighborhood Coalition: Community Organizing for Obesity Prevention in Humboldt Park. In Whitman, S. Shah, A. Benjamins, M. Urban Health: Combating Disparities with Local Data (171-196) Oxford University Press, 2010.
- Benjamins, MR and Whitman S. A Culturally Appropriate School Wellness Initiative: Results of a 2-Year Pilot Intervention in 2 Jewish Schools Journal of School Health 2010;80(8):378-386.
- Margellos-Anast H, Shah A, Whitman S. Prevalence of obesity among children in six Chicago communities: Findings from a health survey. Public Health Reports 2008; 123:117-125.
- Estarziau M, Morales M, Rico A, Margellos-Anast H, Whitman S, Christoffel K. The Community Survey in Humboldt Park: Preventing Obesity and Improving Health. Chicago, Illinois: Sinai Urban Health Institute, 2006.