Skip to main content
You are here
- SUHI Publications: Community Health Worker
SUHI Publications: Community Health Worker
Community Health Worker
- Gutierrez Kapheim M, Ramsay J, Schwindt T, Hunt BR, Margellos-Anast H. Utilizing the Community Health Worker Model to communicate strategies for asthma self-management and self-advocacy among public housing residents. Journal of Communication in Healthcare 2015; 8(2): 95-105. DOI: http://www.maneyonline.com/doi/abs/10.1179/1753807615Y.0000000011.
- Margellos-Anast H, Gutierrez MA, Whitman S. Improving Asthma Management among African-American Children via a Community Health Worker Model: Findings from a Chicago-Based Pilot Intervention. Journal of Asthma 2012; May 49(4): 380–389.
- Gutierrez M, Margellos-Anast H, Whitman S. Asthma in Chicago: Disparities, Perspectives, and Interventions 2011 Report. Respiratory Health Association of Metropolitan Chicago.
- Margellos-Anast H, Gutierrez M. Pediatric Asthma in Black and Latino Chicago Communities: Local Level Data Drives Response in Whitman, S. Shah, A. Benjamins, M. Urban Health: Combating Disparities with Local Data (247-284) Oxford University Press, 2010.
- Margellos-Anast H, Whitman S and Seals G. Report of the Findings and Recommendations of Sinai's Pediatric Asthma Intervention-2: Final Report. Chicago, IL, 2007.
- Margellos-Anast Helen, Whitman Steven, Gutierrez Melissa, Seals Gloria, Jajoo Depak. Use of Lay Health Educators to Improve Asthma Management among African-American Children. Chicago Asthma Consortium Publication. Chicago, Spring 2007.
- Karnick P, Margellos-Anast H, Seals G, Whitman S, Aljadeff G, Johnson D. The Pediatric Asthma Intervention: A Comprehensive Cost-Effective Approach to Asthma Management in a Disadvantaged Inner-city Community. Journal of Asthma 2007; 44:39-44.
- Johnson D, Karnick P, Seals G, et al. Report on the Findings and Recommendations of the Pediatric Asthma Intervention. December 1, 1999-June 30, 2002. Chicago, Illinois: Mount Sinai Hospital and La Rabida Children's Hospital and Research Center, 2002.
Breast Health Navigation
- Artis KJ. Community Health Worker Profile: The Journey, Job, and Justification. J Ambul Care Manage. 2015 Jul-Sep;38(3):213-4. doi: 10.1097/JAC.0000000000000097.
- Bate-Ambrus VM, Castillo A, Martinez E, Campbell J, Boughton-Price L, Gutierrez Kapheim M, et al. Many Ingredients, One Sublime Dish: The Recipe for the Passage of Illinois HB5412 Into Law. J Ambul Care Manage. 2015;38(3):236-43.
- Gutierrez Kapheim M and Campbell J. Best Practice Guidelines for Implementing and Evaluating Community Health Worker Programs in Health Care Settings. Chicago, IL: Sinai Urban Health Institute, January 2014.
- Gutierrez Kapheim, M. and Campbell, J. Community Health Worker Programs in Chicago’s Health Care Institutions: Research and Evaluation.Final Report. August 2013.
- Gutierrez Kapheim, M. and Campbell, J. Community Health Worker Programs in Chicago’s Health Care Institutions: Research and Evaluation.Annual Progress Report. June 2012.