Access to Health/Healthcare
- Margellos-Anast H, Hedding T, Foster L, Kaufman G, Balfanz-Vertiz K, Giloth B. Increasing Access to Quality Health and Mental Health Care for Deaf People: Research Background. Sinai Health System and Advocate Health Care, 2013.
- Orsi JM, Margellos-Anast H, Perlman TS, Giloth BE, Whitman S. Cancer screening knowledge, attitudes, and behaviors among culturally Deaf adults: Implications for informed decision making. Cancer Detection and Prevention 2007; 31:474-479.
- Perlman T, Hedding T, Balfanz-Vertiz K, Cradock C, DeGutis D, Estarziau M, Foster L, Giloth B, Kaufman G, Margellos-Anast H, Miller L, Orsi J, Whitman S. Report on the Findings and Recommendations of Improving Access to Health and Mental Health Care for Chicago's Deaf Community-Phase II. Chicago (IL); September 2007.
- Margellos-Anast H, Estarziau M, Kaufman G. Cardiovascular Disease Knowledge Among Culturally Deaf Patients in Chicago. Preventive Medicine 2006; 42:235-9.
- Margellos-Anast H, Hedding T, Perlman T, Miller L, Rodgers R, Kivland L, DeGutis D, Giloth B, Whitman S. Developing a Standardized Comprehensive Health Survey for Use With Deaf Adults. American Annals of the Deaf 2005; 150(4):388-96.
- Margellos H, Hedding T, Miller L, et al. Improving Access to Health and Mental Health for Chicago's Deaf Community: A Survey of Deaf Adults. Chicago, Illinois: Sinai Health System and Advocate Health Care, 2004.
- Allgood KL, Rauscher GH, Whitman S, Vasquez-Jones G, Shah AM. Validating self-reported mammography use in vulnerable communities: findings and recommendations. Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers, & Prevention. 2014. 23(8); 1649-1658.
- Hunt BR, Whitman S, Hurlbert M. Increasing Black:White disparities in breast cancer mortality in the 50 largest cities in the United States. Cancer Epidemiology (2014), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.canep.2013.09.009.
- Allgood K, Rauscher G, Whitman S. Screening Mammography Need, Utilization and Capacity in Chicago: Can We Fulfill Our Mission and Our Promises? In N. Uchiyama & M. Zanchetta do Nascimento (Eds.), Mammography - Recent Advances. Rijeka, Croatia: InTech.
- Rauscher GH, Allgood KL, Whitman S, Conant E. Disparities in Screening Mammography Services by Race/Ethnicity and Health Insurance Journal of Women's Health, 2012; 21(2): 154-160.
- Ansell D, Grabler P, Whitman S, Ferrans C, Burgess-Bishop J, Murray LR, Rao R, Marcus E. A community effort to reduce the black/white breast cancer mortality disparity in Chicago. Cancer Causes Control. 2009; 20(9): 1681-1688.
- Benjamins MR. Race/Ethnic Discrimination and Preventive Service Utilization in a Sample of Whites, Blacks, Mexicans, and Puerto Ricans. (2012). Medical Care, 50(10):870-6.
- Margellos-Anast H, Hedding T, Foster L, Kaufman G, Balfanz-Vertiz K, Giloth B. Increasing Access to Quality Health and Mental Health Care for Deaf People: Research Background. Sinai Health System and Advocate Health Care, 2013