The Sinai Urban Health Institute (SUHI) is a research center dedicated to improving the health of Chicago’s urban communities. Led by a team of committed and energetic social epidemiologists, the Institute provides evidence-based examination of community health status, the effectiveness of interventions and clinical care, and health-care delivery methodologies. We are seeking an Administrative Assistant II to support administrative functions and ensure smooth day-to-day operations of SUHI.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Basic departmental accounting tasks such as check requests and deposits; providing pay histories for all current grant projects
- Ensuring a functional work environment by initiating and tracking requests for supportive services (IT, environmental services, engineering, security, etc).
- Assisting with on-boarding new staff and provide department orientation
- Planning meetings and providing minutes
- Performing a variety of administrative support tasks including copying, filing, faxing, recordkeeping, and maintaining department calendars and email.
Required Education and Experience
- Must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); some college coursework preferred, AND 3-7 years of related experience, preferably in a health care setting; or completion of a vocational or certification from a recognized training program.
The successful applicant should:
- Extensive knowledge of office methods and procedures, filing, telephone techniques, and office equipment, as well as English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ability to perform secretarial and clerical duties with speed, accuracy and minimal supervision.
- Requires intermediate math skills.
- Must be a self-starter who completes tasks in a timely manner without reminders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills enabling him/her to interact with caregivers in all settings of the Health System.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to juggle many requests, many tasks, and many people all at one time.
- Must have good computer skills: Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint at a minimum.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Must exhibit sensitivity to all patients and caregivers and be culturally competent in dealing with people from a variety of backgrounds, race/ethnicities, orientations.
Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of color and women to apply. If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter ASAP to Jamie Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org.