July 18, 2018
Sinai Urban Health Institute (SUHI), the community research center of Sinai Health System, is dedicated to improving the health of Chicago’s most vulnerable communities. SUHI achieves this by identifying health inequities, addressing these inequities with innovative solutions, and rigorously evaluating the work to
We are seeking a bilingual Supervisor of Program Initiatives to:
- implement and oversee interventions utilizing community health workers (CHWs) in chronic disease management and other topics;
- train CHWs from SUHI and other organizations;
- develop intervention protocols, work flows and other program development activities;
- assist in the process evaluation of interventions;
- support the program director with other necessary tasks.
Specific responsibilities include: providing oversight of CHW interventions on the West and Southwest sides of Chicago; developing protocols; training CHWs within SUHI and contracted organizations; mentoring and overseeing the daily activities of the interventions; monitoring the collection of process measures; planning, developing, and overseeing development of education sessions on a variety of health topics; leading community advisory boards as needed; working directly with other community-based organizations; assisting the program director with funding and IRB reporting requirements and other tasks as needed.
This individual will work under the guidance of the program director/manager and will be responsible for many of the day-to-day duties associated with CHW-led projects. Effective collaboration with other project staff, members of the community, and other organizations is essential. The selected applicant will also be expected to assist on other SUHI projects and the intellectual development of SUHI as a whole as time allows.
The successful applicant should:
- Be bilingual in English and Spanish;
- Have either (1) an M.A. or M.P.H. in Health Education or a closely related field and two years of experience, or (2) a B.A. or B.S. in Health Education, Nursing, or a closely related field and 4 years of experience;
- Have experience facilitating trainings in English and Spanish;
- Have experience in developing and implementing effective intervention strategies;
- Have experience in program management and oversight;
- Be able to effectively train and mentor staff (preferably CHWs);
- Be able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize;
- Have excellent organizational, communication and writing skills;
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint);
- Have a working knowledge of data collection and evaluation;
- Be willing to work as part of a team, yet independently on one’s own responsibilities;
- Be sensitive to the needs and cultures of diverse communities;
- Be familiar with the West and South West sides of Chicago or
- Have an interest in health and in working in underserved communities.
If interested, please apply by visiting http://www.sinai.org/careers. Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer.