Whether it’s you or a significant other facing a hospital stay or outpatient treatment, Mount Sinai is committed to helping you through the emotional and practical concerns that accompany the experience. Our Social Services caregivers are available to provide counseling, financial guidance, and assistance with resources that may help to make the process easier.
Demonstrating our organization’s commitment to providing excellent care for our patients and their families, Sinai's Social Services Department provides key assistance for individuals dealing with the practical and emotional concerns that accompany illness and disease. Mount Sinai Chicago Social Services assess for a range of issues, advocate on behalf of our patients, refer and link to services, provide counseling, and provide education and information. We are available to assist with issues such as abuse and neglect, adoption, post discharge facilities, community and financial resources, discharge planning, and long term planning including assistance with advance directives.
Everyone on Mount Sinai’s Hospital’s Social Services caregivers are licensed and holds master's degrees, allowing us to provide expertise in many areas—including geriatrics, pediatrics, HIV/AIDS, high-risk newborns, domestic violence and child protective services.
We are available between the hours of 8:30 AM and 5:00PM, Monday through Friday. There is an on-call Social Worker available for consultation evenings and weekends.
You may contact the Social Service Department at 773.257.6513. We may also be contacted by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Advance Directives and Forms
- Greater Chicago Food Depository
- Social Security Administration
- Illinois Department of Child and Family Services
- Illinois Department of Human Services
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration
- North Lawndale Employment Network
- Illinois Statewide Resources for Crime Victims
- Rape Victim Advocates
- Crime Victim Compensation Application and Instructions
- Mujeres Latinas en Accion (Domestic Violence)
- Department on Aging, Including Elder Abuse