The residency program’s structure and organization reflects the mission of the Sinai health system. From specialty care to emergency services, Sinai Children’s Hospital offers high quality care and caring close to home.
Inpatient and Outpatient Care
As a teaching hospital with a pediatric residency program, our team approach to care gives children and their families access to a full range of care in inpatient and outpatient settings.
Sinai Children’s Hospital offers family-focused care. As part of Mount Sinai Hospital, our Emergency Department is a designated Level I Pediatric Trauma Center. Our staff is specially trained to handle pediatric emergencies because children’s medical needs are different from those of adults.
Sinai Children’s Hospital brings together a multi-disciplinary pediatric program that provides a continuum of care, including community health education, a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, and a Pediatric Intensive Care Unit. Our team includes physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, psychologists, social workers, health educators, and dietitians. Our certified child life specialist works with patients, their families, and others involved to manage stress and better understand medical procedures.
Sinai offers ready access to Spanish language medical interpreters. Sinai also has an award-winning program for serving the deaf and hard of hearing with Sinai interpreter services and Video Report Interpreting (VRI).
Services and Programs
Sinai Children’s Hospital is part of Sinai Health System. The system extends its wide range of resources to meet the diverse needs of children including:
· Community health programs
· Asthma education
· Diabetes management
· High-Risk Pediatric Clinic (medical home serving the entire pediatric age spectrum)
· HIV/AIDS treatment and care
· Illinois Subsequent Pregnancy Program in Lawndale
· North Lawndale Immunization Project
· Pediatric weight management
· WIC nutrition assistance program
· Social Services
· All Kids
· Chicago Family Case Management
· Child protective services
· Drug-Free Families for the Future
· Juvenile Intervention Support Center (JISC)
· Violence prevention programs
· Youth Career Development Center
· Pediatric and adolescent behavioral health programs (Under the Rainbow)
· Sinai Parenting Institute/ The School for Parents
· The Family Development Initiative
· The Learn Together Afterschool Program