At Sinai Health System, diversity is a key component that drives the purpose of the organization. We are privileged to have a culturally-rich workforce and we are honored to serve, support, and provide services to a diverse community. We respect and value the cultural differences among one another and we use that to leverage our effectiveness and organizational success.
Our Definition of Diversity
At Sinai Health System, diversity is an all-inclusive concept. It includes differences among race, gender, age, national origin, ethnicity, disability, religion, culture, socio-economic status, sexual orientation and any other attributes that truly represent an individual or group. We understand that diversity is not only the obvious differences but the less apparent as well. Individual lifestyles, work/life balance, interpersonal styles, life experiences, talents, and creative passions are all factors that contribute to a person’s culture or identity.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
As one of our brand actions, we embrace diversity and benefit from the diversity of possibilities it fosters. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive environment in all our decisions to ensure the best outcome for all stakeholders involved. We hold our leaders accountable for cultivating a workplace that respects, supports, and appreciates the uniqueness of all caregivers.
Sinai Health System demonstrates its commitment to diversity within the organization. We do this by:
- Actively seeking ways to honor the diverse needs of our patients, families, visitors, customers and communities we serve.
- Collectively delivering a wide range of high-quality services, as well as a large number of community-based health, research, and social service programs.
- Creating learning opportunities for all caregivers to be culturally competent and equipped with additional knowledge and skills to better serve our patients.
- Intentionally recognizing and celebrating the traditions and customs of our patients, caregivers, families, and communities.
- Demonstrating by example the Sinai values (teamwork, respect, integrity, quality and safety) to cultivate a shared pride in the work that we do.
- Recruiting diverse talents into the organization to foster an innovative and creative workforce.
- Investing in our caregivers by supporting their professional development and personal goals.
- Committing to a zero tolerance for discrimination, harassment, and violence throughout Sinai Health System.