Our didactics focus on both the clinical and educational part of pediatrics. We make an immense effort to add a variety of conferences, research presentations, case presentations to make it fun and educational at the same time.
These are our didactics:
- Daily morning report: Involves presentation on clinically relevant topics by attending physicians from various specialties.
- Daily inpatient, PICU, NICU, newborn nursery teaching rounds: Residents round with the attending physician to discuss the patient management and plan. Rounds are focused on teaching and are often multi-disciplinary.
- Critical Thinking: Involves discussing complex clinical cases, learning the management, and treatment.
- Journal Club: Residents discuss an article from a peer reviewed journal
- NICU/PICU Case Conference: Residents discuss the diagnosis and management of a patient recently admitted to NICU/PICU.
- Noon Didactics: Residents participate in a daily noon conference which involves a board review lecture or watching a board review video.
- Evening Didactics: Residents discuss an article from the latest issue of Pediatric in Review.