Vice President, Revenue Cycle
This position is responsible for all initiatives related to revenue cycle and the development of policies and procedures to maximize the effectiveness of revenue cycle for all entities within Sinai Health System (three hospitals and 200 physician medical group). This includes the overall management of patient access, patient accounts (outsourced relationship for hospitals), financial counseling, charge capture, charge master, centralized scheduling, health information management as well as medical group physician clinic’s revenue cycle processes. In addition, the position is responsible for all revenue cycle strategy that ensures strong financial outcomes while enhancing patient satisfaction and loyalty. Position is responsible for analyzing, troubleshooting, and measuring performance for processes affecting the revenue cycle. Determines opportunities for improvement and facilitates process improvement teams to affect change in order to achieve revenue cycle best practices and ensure consistency and compliance throughout Sinai Health System.
Hospital Patient Accounts Outsourced
Sinai currently has an outsourced relationship for hospital revenue cycle including management and is beginning the process of an RFP. Management of revenue cycle will be transitioned to the new VP of Revenue Cycle. Patient Accounts will continue to be outsourced to a vendor but be accountable to the VP of Revenue Cycle for appropriate outcomes.
- Responsible for managing all KPI’s within revenue cycle to established targets and budgets.
- Responsible for maintaining revenue cycle scorecard with timely reporting to senior leadership and Finance Committee of the Board.
- Responsible for establishing, evaluating, implementing and oversight of revenue cycle processes that enhance and maximize an effective and efficient revenue cycle.
- Responsible for implementing, enhancing and maintaining technology that creates the most effective and efficient revenue cycle system.
- Provides day to day assistance as necessary to direct reports and staff.
- Responsible for the complete, accurate and timely revenue cycle month end processes.
- Ensures that reviews/audits occur to determine that coding, billing and other inputs are accurate and to assure compliance with all appropriate policies and regulations.
- Keeps informed of regulatory situation and informs management of changes by governmental and commercial payers. Communicates to sites and managers and issues concerning compliance with any regulations.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree preferred
Minimum Work Experience:
- Five to seven years of revenue cycle management within a hospital setting
- Additional experience within a medical practice revenue cycle setting preferred
- Knowledge of organizational dynamics, procedures, systems and goal setting
- Knowledge of fiscal management within a hospital setting, personnel management
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and compliance
- Skill with physician billing systems
- Skill in planning and decision-making
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with administrative and physician staffs, patients and public
- Skill in developing comprehensive management reports and ability to interpret comprehensive data
- Ability to research and prepare reports and budgets
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally
Required Licenses, Certificates, Registrations:
- Not Applicable