Vascular Ultrasound Technologist
The qualified Vascular Ultrasound Technologist produces two-dimensional vascular ultrasound images of internal structures for use by Physician in diagnosis of disease. The ideal candidate will provide guidance to technical staff on quality as assigned in an efficient professional manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Selects equipment for use in ultrasound setup according to specifications of examination.
- Explains process to patient, and instructs and assists patient in assuming physical position for examination.
- Selects transducer and adjusts equipment controls according to organ to be examined, depth of field, and other specifications of test.
- Keys test data and patient information into computer of ultrasound equipment to maintain record of test results.
- Moves transducer, by hand, over specified area of body and observes sound wave display screen to monitor quality of ultrasonic pattern produced.
- Starts equipment, which produces images of internal organs and records diagnostic data on magnetic tape, computer disk, strip printout, or film.
- Photographs images of organs shown on display module, or removes strip printout from equipment, to obtain permanent record of internal examination.
- Demonstrates knowledge of equipment and its usage.
- Knows how to accurately sets technique and manipulates control of ultrasound equipment.
- Conforms to standards of safety.
- Demonstrates knowledge in performing Vascular ultrasound procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of operation and use of Doppler Ultrasound.
- Knows how to operate miscellaneous portables properly and safely.
- Knows how to operate portables safely and properly.
- Demonstrates knowledge in assisting in Special Procedures – Hysto Sonography, Fetal Echo, etc.
Special Instructions on how to apply:
To apply for this position please email your resume to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line. You may also fax your resume to (773)257-6290 attention Marisa Robertson. Applications can also be obtained in person at 15th and California from the Human Resources department Monday - Friday from 8:30am - 4:30pm. Sinai Health System is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. TTY number: 773-257-6289.
- Associate’s Degree from accredited school of Sonography OR equivalent experience and competency in the field of Sonography preferred.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum work experience of six month to one year in ultrasound preferred.
REQUIRED LICENSES, Certificates, Registrations:
- RVT, ARDMS certification or equivalent/abundant experience as an ultrasound tech preferred.