System Director, Financial Operations
Under the direction of the Senior Vice President of Finance, primarily responsible for capturing system wide data and turning data into actionable business intelligence where leadership can apply the data to strategic, as well as functional and operational decision making.
Responsible for directing, coordinating and controlling the operations of the finance department. To assure the accurate and efficient performance of assigned functions and compliance with established policies and procedures.
Provides supervision to the Sinai Finance Department.
Job Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and manages the department as an adaptive extension to Sinai's changing market conditions while creating an environment of approachable financial consultants.
- Develop, implement and enhance an integrated data model that will capture operational and clinical metrics that provide timely (daily, weekly and monthly) actionable information for leadership.
- Develop and implement an integrated three month rolling forecast model.
- Develop, implement and enhance a predictive analytic model to be used to evaluate operations and opportunities.
- Assists and directs the development of profit forecast data. Provides critical evaluation of forecasted performance to management for assessment and action.
- Coordinate and supervise the preparation and completion of the annual budget.
- Develop and implement continuing education and training for finance staff, other departments, and leadership to enhance the financial accumen of Sinai Health System.
- Constantly seeks methods to increase and improve the participation with all departments, corporate, divisional, and affiliates, in the use of financial information for planning and problem solving purposes.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is necessary.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of five years experience health care accounting or a closely related activity in a hospital setting.
- At least 3 years supervisor/management experience is also required.