System Director - Cardiovascular Service Lines
This system director role is responsible for driving profitable growth, managing a portfolio of services, and ensuring collaboration across all care settings in a manner that leverages the collective market strength and position of the division and service line. This position is responsible for ongoing development and implementation of the service line strategic business plan, driving service line growth, and improving operations with respect to quality and processes. The position has operational responsibilities for ancillary departments at Mount Sinai Hospital and ensuring consistency in the provision of these services across the health system.
System Vice President, Ancillary Clinical Services
Section Chief, Cardiology Services
Provides Supervision to:
Patient Care Coordinator, Cath Lab (1)
Resource Coordinator, Cardiodiagnostics (1)
Resource Coordinator, Nuclear Medicine (1)
Chest Pain Coordinator (1)
- Leads, directs, integrates and coordinates the Cardiovascular Care Services Division; assists in ensuring the clinical practices are consistently high in regards to levels of clinical and professional services provided.
- Provides leadership in day to day operations of CV across the system, with primary operational responsibilities at Mount Sinai Hospital Medical Center.
- Analyzes industry trends in the development of system and divisional operational needs.
- Collaborates with other departments to meet or exceed organizational budget and clinical excellence benchmarks.
- Monitors and manages system staffing and the scheduling processes for respective areas.
- Acts proactively and works with a diverse group of employees while holding employees accountable to goals and quality standards.
- Demonstrates strong commitment to excellence, development and growth of inter-disciplinary staff.
- Analyzes results, and troubleshoots problem areas to mitigate program risks.
- Coaches, mentors, motivates, and supervises program management and caregivers and influences them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Acts and makes decisions as part of a whole; assembles and effectively leads direct report and/or teams; acts as facilitator of team work and decision-making in virtual and in-person settings.
- Leads CVS program planning, implementation and evaluation efforts for the areas of responsibility both at a strategic and tactical level.
- Supports and with the assistance of administrative and medical leadership establishes and leads a cohesive organizational governance structure that supports the division and service line.
- In collaboration with the clinical management team, facilitates CVS strategic planning, quality improvement activities, clinical education and clinical leadership.
- Analyzes current operational functions and industry trends to validate benchmark targets.
- Defines and promotes new targets based on research and consideration of overall system operations and community needs.
- Works with physicians and staff to adopt and incorporate quality initiatives, new technology and manage the growth of the program. Also, works towards increasing the level of physician/hospital alignment.
- Creates solid cross functional relationship across departments and other functional groups and coordinates projects.
- Effectively communicates the vision of potential service line activities, leads change planning to manage risk and ensure changes take hold.
- Accountable for working with leadership and departments of the health system to achieve set goals.
- Responsible for leading strategic and business planning initiatives; formulating budgets; developing and implementing appropriate marketing and promotional tools to communicate the core message of the service; manage all human resources in a cost effective yet supportive manner; and develop and monitor the service outcome data, e.g. clinical outcomes, service and cost.
- Conducts needs assessment, data gathering, analysis and report of results to support programs recommended, implemented, continued and terminated.
- Takes action to ensure that major initiatives progress in order to deliver these initiatives according to plan and within budget.
- Actively gathers appropriate maximum level of participation and input to decision-making, and fosters same within team; persuades others to see/recognize new perspectives to reach best outcomes.
- Coordinating activities including growth objectives, space allocation, procurement of technological equipment, data planning, developing goals and objectives, capital requirements and desired outcomes of programs, serving as a liaison with Administration in planning, developing, implementing and evaluating operations.
- Reviewing comprehensiveness of programs on an ongoing basis and developing strategies for program adaptation to market changes.
- Works in conjunction with administrative and clinical leadership to ensure the highest level of care for patients.
- Identifies quality benchmarks utilizing regional and national data to monitor programmatic quality and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Supports integration of patient care standards and practice with clinical programs and works collaboratively with leadership, physicians and other disciplines.
- Facilitates the development and implementation of evidence based practice through research and quality efforts
- Incorporates evidence based administrative practice in approaches to problem solving and decision making.
- Promotes process improvement in patient, family and practice through the development, refinement and use of quality measures and program evaluation methods as means of ensuring care continuity and quality.
- Provides leadership for system clinical quality outcomes.
- Monitors and demonstrates tangible improvements in quality outcomes.
- Promotes best practice care, professional conduct and a focus on customer relations, thereby improving patient satisfaction.
- Develops positive cooperative working relationships with the medical staff to ensure a high level of physician satisfaction with services.
- Ensures system wide compliance with all applicable laws and regulations affecting patient care services.
- Monitoring program components relative to criteria by regulatory agencies.
- Ensures the continual efficient and compliant operational performance of the Department/Division within the facility.
- Ensures compliance with applicable accrediting bodies, Public Health Law, Institutional and Departmental rules and regulations and makes certain these are properly and completely addressed in Policy and Procedure Manual;
- Reviews all changes in various regulatory agency standards and/or public health law and ensure that these are represented in the Policy and Procedure Manuals (after appropriate review with clinical and/or administrative personnel);
- Ensures Department/Division staff adheres to system Corporate Compliance Program, HIPAA regulations and all other regulatory standards;
- Demonstrates an understanding of financial analysis, pro forma development, capital planning/acquisition and economic considerations.
- Manages Department/Division in a fiscally responsible manner, within +/- 3% flexed budget;
- Provides leadership in the successful preparation and monitoring of annual budgets - operational, personnel and capital.
- Responsible of the development of and presentation of annual operating budgets for the division and system, including forecasting of revenue trends and expense analyses.
- Monitors budgetary variances and progress in budget revenue performance and communicates to the division and Vice President.
- Supports or may assist with key revenue cycle functions, including but not limited to: scheduling, verification of insurance and demographic, co-pay collection, charge capture, CDM management, and referral management.
Job Qualifications Include:
- Master's Degree required or completed within one year of hire (MSN, MBA, MHA, or MPA).
- Desirable but not required - Illinois Registered Nurse license; or IL Licensed Radiologic Technologist/ARRT
- Five to seven years of progressive leadership experience in areas of expertise including a minimum of five years of management/leadership experience.
- Demonstrated success in the development and execution of a strategic plan.
- Ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment and problem-solving techniques in the decision-making process.
- Ability to communicate effectively develops and maintain effective relationships with medical and administrative staff, providers, patients and the public.
- Possesses and demonstrates excellent communication, presentation and verbal skills.
- Possesses a strong business and clinical operations background in service line.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, systems and objectives.
- Knowledge of fiscal management and leadership management techniques.
- Knowledge of health care administration systems.
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and compliance requirements.
- Ability to provide leadership and management of multiple sites.
Special Instructions on how to apply:
To apply for this position please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line. You may also fax your resume to (773)257-6290 attention Marisa Robertson. Applications can also be obtained in person at 15th and California from the Human Resources department Monday - Friday from 8:30am - 4:30pm. Sinai Health System is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. TTY number: 773-257-6289.