Staff Nurse (RN) - PICU
Mount Sinai is a Level I trauma center with EDAP (Emergency Department Accepting Pediatrics) Certification and a total of five Pediatric Intensive Care Unit beds to care for critically ill children. The Staff Nurse is responsible for providing nursing care as described below. This position is full time, 72 hours per pay period, 7:00 p.m. - 7:30 a.m. and provides full benefits.
- Manages the care of 1 - 3 infants or children experiencing life-threatening problems requiring complex assessment, high intensity therapies and interventions and continuous nursing vigilance.
- Implements physician and nursing orders as appropriate involving patient, family and significant others.
- Includes discharge planning needs into plan for care and initiates processes to obtain necessary referrals to assist the patient and family and expedite discharge.
- Takes appropriate action in anticipation of potential life-threatening or emergency situations.
- Participates actively and collaborates with multidisciplinary team members to develop a common approach or to modify health care needs.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
- One year PICU experience or two years Pediatric experience required.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Currently licensed as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Illinois.
- Current CPR & PALS.
Special Instructions on how to apply:
-To apply for this position please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and department in the subject line. You may also fax your resume to (773)257-6290 attention Samantha Balaton.