Staff Nurse (RN) - Perioperative Services
The Staff Nurse is responsible for providing nursing care as described below in Periopertive Services. Positions are full time, 80 hours per pay period, 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. or 11:00 p.m. - 7:30 a.m. and are eligible for full benefits.
- Provides nursing care by individualizing interventions for patients with problems of a non-routine nature.
- Utilizing the nursing process, identifies complex variables and inter-relationships of the assessment data.
- Implements physician and nursing orders as appropriate involving patient, family and significant others.
- Includes discharge planning needs into plan for care and initiates processes to obtain necessary referrals to assist the patient and family and expedite discharge.
- Takes appropriate action in anticipation of potential life-threatening or emergency situations.
- Participates actively and collaborates with multidisciplinary team members to develop a common approach or to modify health care needs.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Perioperative experience required.
- Must be able to scrub and circulate for minor and major surgical procedures.
- Must be knowledgeable re AORN standards, aseptic techniques and sterilization protocols.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Currently licensed as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Illinois.
- Current CPR, ACLS and PALS required.
Special Instructions on how to apply:
Please do not apply via the green button at the bottom of the page -To apply for this position please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and department in the subject line. You may also fax your resume to (773)257-6290 attention Stacy Watson.