Staff Nurse (RN) - PACU
The Staff Nurse is responsible for providing nursing care as described below in our Post Anesthesia Care Unit. Positions are full or part time, days with rotation, and are eligible for benefits, including health insurance.
- Provides nursing care by individualizing interventions for patients with problems of a non-routine nature.
- Utilizing the nursing process, identifies complex variables and inter-relationships of the assessment data.
- Implements physician and nursing orders as appropriate involving patient, family and significant others.
- Includes discharge planning needs into plan for care and initiates processes to obtain necessary referrals to assist the patient and family and expedite discharge.
- Takes appropriate action in anticipation of potential life-threatening or emergency situations.
- Participates actively and collaborates with multidisciplinary team members to develop a common approach or to modify health care needs.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Critical care experience required; PACU experience preferred.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Currently licensed as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Illinois.
- Current CPR & ACLS required; PALS must be obtained within designated timeframe.
Special Instructions on how to apply:
Please do not apply via the green button at the bottom of the page -To apply for this position please email your resume to email@example.com with the job title and department in the subject line. You may also fax your resume to (773)257-6290 attention Stacy Watson.