Staff Nurse (RN) - PACU
The Post Anesthesia Care Unit Staff Nurse renders confidential, professional and technical peri-anesthesia care to surgical patients according to ASPAN recommended standards of practice. Provides direct and indirect patient care under the direction of the Charge Nurse. Communicates and collaborates with other members of the healthcare team to ensure the highest standard of care is provided. Functions as the patient’s advocate. Anticipates the needs of the patient, surgeon, and anesthesiologist. Promotes and implements patient/family education.
Current openings are full-time Days with Evening rotation and full-time Evenings; call rotation on weekdays, weekends and holidays.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing;
- Current licensure as a registered professional nurse in the state of Illinois;
- Current CPR and ACLS required; must obtain PALS within 6 months of hire;
- Must have critical care experience.
- PACU or OR experience STRONGLY preferred
1500 S. California Ave., Chicago, IL 960608
Post Anesthesia Care Unit