Staff Nurse (RN) - Medical/Surgical
The Staff Nurse is responsible for providing nursing care as described below on our Surgical and Medical/Surgical units. Positions available are 72 or 48 hours per pay period, rotating weekends, either 7:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. or 7:00 p.m. - 7:30 a.m. and are eligible for benefits, including health insurance.
• Provides nursing care by individualizing interventions for patients with problems of a non-routine nature.
• Utilizing the nursing process, identifies complex variables and inter-relationships of the assessment data.
• Implements physician and nursing orders as appropriate involving patient, family and significant others.
• Includes discharge planning needs into plan for care and initiates processes to obtain necessary referrals to assist the patient and family and expedite discharge.
• Takes appropriate action in anticipation of potential life-threatening or emergency situations.
• Participates actively and collaborates with multidisciplinary team members to develop a common approach or to modify health care needs.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
• One year related experience as an RN preferred.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Currently licensed as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Illinois.
• Current CPR.