Staff Nurse (RN) - Emergency Department
The Staff Nurse is responsible for providing nursing care as described below in our busy Level I Trauma Center and Fast Track, providing care to over 60,000 pediatric and adult patients per year. Positions are full-time 72 hours per pay period, rotating weekends, 7:00 p.m. - 7:30 a.m. and eligible for full benefits.
• Provides nursing care by individualizing interventions for patients with problems of a non-routine nature.
• Utilizing the nursing process, identifies complex variables and inter-relationships of the assessment data.
• Implements physician and nursing orders as appropriate involving patient, family and significant others.
• Includes discharge planning needs into plan for care and initiates processes to obtain necessary referrals to assist the patient and family and expedite discharge.
• Takes appropriate action in anticipation of potential life-threatening or emergency situations.
• Participates actively and collaborates with multidisciplinary team members to develop a common approach or to modify health care needs.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of two years Emergency Department or Critical Care nursing experience required.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Currently licensed as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Illinois.
- Current CPR required; must obtain ACLS, PALS & ECRN withing prescribed timeframe; TNCC, TNS and/or CEN preferred.
Special Instructions on how to apply:
Please do not apply via the green button at the bottom of the page -To apply for this position please email your resume to email@example.com with the job title and department in the subject line. You may also fax your resume to (773)257-6290 attention Stacy Watson.