SPD Worker II - Sterile Processing
The Sterile Processing Department is seeking an experienced sterile processer to prepare, clean, maintain and distribute required supplies and equipment to designated medical and nursing areas. This is a Registry/On-call position. Sinai Health System is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. TTY number: 773-257-6289.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
• Assemble, sterilize, test and wrap instrument trays and supply packs.
• Identify, stock, and distribute supplies within department.
• Perform testing procedures, sterilizer functions; interpret sterilizer recording charts and displays; test indicators and devices.
• Fill and deliver surgical case carts.
• Remove used supplies, soiled linen and waste from surgical case carts.
• Operate and clean steam and gas sterilizers, washer-sterilizers, sonic cleaners, steam gun, cart washer, and labeling devices.
• Clean working areas including sinks, storage shelving, cupboards, cabinets, and drawers.
• Screen, sort and fold clean linen.
• Load and unload sterilizers, aerators, and linen carts. Lift and deliver supply cartons and gas cylinders
• Prepare and complete required record and reports such as sterilizer load records, instrument tray counts, and case cart requisitions.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Certification of a Central Service Technician Training course or 2 yrs. on the job experience.
- Thorough knowledge of surgical instruments, equipment and experience in the operating of terminal sterilization and/ or sanitization equipment.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
- 1 to 3 yrs. experience as a Central Processing Technician or Operating Room Technician.
Special Instructions on how to apply:
To apply for this position please email your resume to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line. You may also fax your resume to (773)257-6290 attention Marisa Robertson. Applications can also be obtained in person at 15th and California from the Human Resources department Monday - Friday from 8:30am - 4:30pm.