Social Worker (LSW or LCSW)
Mount Sinai Hospital has an exciting opportunity to join our team as a social worker within the Social Services department.
Duties Include but are not limited to:
- Works in close collaboration with physicians and other appropriate health care personnel in patient evaluation and treatment to further their understanding of significant social and emotional factors underlying patient’s health problems.
- Provides direct services to patients and patient’s significant others through the evaluation of social and psychological data. Assists patients and significant others through individual or group conferences to understand, accept, and follow medical recommendations and restore patient to optimum social and health adjustment.
- Coordinates external social services and resources and other appropriate assistance for assigned patients. Provides assistance in obtaining services planned to restore patient to optimum social and health adjustment within patient’s capacity.
- Interviews patients and patient’s significant others to develop patient and family social history. Prepares assessments, develops goals, provides intervention, and documents all.
- Identifies appropriate community resources, such as family and community agencies, to provide external patient services. Participates in planning for improving health services by interpreting social factors pertinent to development of program,
- Prepare and maintain appropriate records and reports such as assessments and progress notes.
Functional Duties and Competencies:
- Able to complete a generic psychosocial assessment for interdisciplinary review, making patient recommendations for discharge plans.
- Understands and can provide interventions with consideration of patient confidentiality laws, basic social work values, non-discriminatory values, and patient advocacy.
- Demonstrates knowledge in providing supportive counseling to patients and families.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations for mandated reports for abuse and neglect. Knowledge of reporting mechanism for child abuse, elder abuse, domestic violence, and institutional abuse.
- Knowledge of community resources and referrals with ability to access services for patients and families.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with team in a medical setting.
- Able to provide dependable patient services for at risk patients to completion; dependability / flexibility to provide back-up coverage as needed.
- Licensure in Illinois; Licensed Social Worker (LSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
- Masters Degree in Social Work from a school of Social Work accredited by CSWE.
- Post-graduate experience in hospital or medical Social Work (two years preferred).
- A high level of interpersonal skills to affect positive outcomes, organizational skills necessary to prioritize and manage an appropriate caseload of patients, and self-direction required for daily work. Analytical skills necessary to independently collect, analyze, and interpret data, resolve problems requiring innovative solutions and to negotiate in sensitive situations.
For consideration: please email your resume to email@example.com with "Social Worker" in the subject line. You may also fax your resume to 773.257.6290 attention Samantha Balaton. TO apply in person, Human Resources is open Monday - Friday from 9am - 4pm.