Regulatory and Safety Compliance Manager
Under the direction of the System Director, Accreditation and Regulatory Compliance/Chief Safety Officer, this position is responsible for planning, development, implementation and coordination of safety/emergency preparedness and environmental programs. Responsibilities are to assure preparation and action when the organization is in a state of emergency, as well as to reduce or eliminate occupational injuries, illnesses, and financial losses throughout Sinai Health System. This position works with health system leadership to set, enforce, and maintain compliance with safety plans and policies and to correct unsafe behaviors and working conditions. These responsibilities are key components of the health system’s emergency preparedness activities. Oversight includes all places of Sinai business, both clinical and nonclinical functions. This role may independently represent the health system on external local city, or state committee.
To apply and to be considered for employment, please email resume firstname.lastname@example.org with "Manager Regulatory Safety Compliance" in the subject line. You can also obtain an application from the Human Resources Department Monday-Friday from 7am - 5pm. Resumes can be faxed to (773)257-6290
Essential Functions and Duties Include:
- Assist the Director, Accreditation and Regulatory Compliance in implementing comprehensive environmental safety and emergency preparedness programs.
- Act as Chief Safety Officer Designee when System Chief Safety Officer is not present in the facility. As the designee this position can intervene whenever an environmental condition immediately threatens life or health, or threatens to damage equipment or buildings and has the authority to waive or deviate from established policies and procedures without prior approval.
- Demonstrates a command of and working knowledge of local, state, and Federal regulations pertinent to organizational safety and with Joint Commission, HFAP, OSHA, IDPH, CMS, etc. standards.
- Formulates and implements action plans in response to identified occupational risks within the hospital to ensure the safe operations of the business.
- Provides occupational safety training as required by law or practice for multiple departments across all health system operations.
Manage system wide projects to improve occupational safety and disaster readiness, e.g., Partners with leader of The Right Moves for safe handling practices throughout the healthcare institutions, etc.
Assist Director, Accreditation and Regulatory Compliance in survey readiness activities.
Maintains compliance with current grants, including financial reporting, and submits grant requests for Regulatory Compliance supplies/resources for the health system.
Maintains a schedule of all Emergency Preparedness and Environment of Care activities, holding matrix reporting areas accountable for timely and complete reporting.
Maintains all emergency preparedness equipment and supply inventory for the health system in ready to deploy state. This includes management of budget decisions regarding necessary caches of equipment and supplies to ensure continuity of operations during internal or external disasters.
Coordinate Sinai Health System safety rounds and maintain data reporting from Environment of
Care rounds in accordance with accreditation requirements and to ensure environment is suitable for conducting operations of the hospital.
Lead internal committees, which include the Environment of Care Committee and Emergency Preparedness Committee meetings.
On an as needed basis, generates operational/management plans to meet accreditation requirements and ensure operations of the hospital are carried out in a safe, compliant, and timely manner.
Hospital Incident Command System (HICS) Responsibilites:
- Maintains the HICS chart and all Code communication lists.
- Trains all caregivers, and particularly Leaders on HICS functions.
- Maintains the Incident Command centers on all Sinai campuses.
- Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare related field
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years of experience in safety management
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively and proactively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse working environment.
- Demonstrated ability to function at a high level, with evident multitasking abilities, in a high stress environment/situation.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Computer literacy; experience in working with Meditech desirable; proficiency in using all applications of MS Office.
REQUIRED LICENSES, Certificates, Registrations:
- NIMS 100, 200, 700, 800 course certificates
- OSHA 30 hour card (preferred)