Sinai Health System has an opportunity available for a dynamic professional with healthcare Quality experience. The Quality Specialist develops, facilitates and coordinates quality improvement programs (clinical, operational and service line) resulting in improved patient care, operations and patient experience. Collaborates with hospital and medical Staff on projects and quality initiatives relating to improved operations, processes and procedures. Facilitates activities associated with Core Measures program including abstraction and management and oversight of associated databases and systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing Preferred or Associate Degree with at least two years Quality Improvement or related healthcare experience.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Two years of clinical or related hospital experience, with one-two years experience in quality improvement or related activities preferred.
- Demonstrated human relation and effective communication skills required.
- Knowledge of Quality Improvement tools and statistical analysis.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality improvement principles and practices (project management, patient safety concepts, peer review, public reporting, data analysis, data management and statistical process control in healthcare.
- Demonstrated knowledge of external regulatory and accreditation agency rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of facilitating and coordinating healthcare improvement projects with previous quality improvement project experience.
- Proficient computer skills with extensive experience using various software application such as MS Excel, Word, Access, Powerpoint, Visio.
- Excellent oral, written, “platform" and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to work independently.
- High degree of creativity in problem-solving.
- CPHQ desirable.