Project Manager - Information Systems
Independently oversees various systems and projects of a highly complex nature, while maintaining current systems and fulfilling the customers’ ongoing day-to-day needs. Prioritizes and manages all aspects, including the identification of resources needed, to ensure timely completion of assigned projects. Understands how the assigned applications and projects impact and integrate with the organization’s multi-facility HIS systems. Proactively manages the department and key stakeholders’ expectations and their I.S. needs. Continuously evaluates and identifies opportunities for redesign and development of unused features. Independently manages all aspects of end user training and documentation. Effectively and efficiently utilizes their expertise to solve highly complex system problems. Exhibits a high level of attention to detail, strong customer service skills and the ability to effectively and diplomatically communicate at all levels of the organization. Ensures assigned applications meet the requirements of the business units and supported users. Promote positive customer relationships. Tasks are accomplished in a timely, efficient and correct manner.
This position will focus primarily on hospital laboratory systems management.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESUME AND COVERLETTER TO SAMANTHA.BALATON@SINAI.ORG WITH "PROJECT MANAGER - IS" IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
Management of projects:
- Provides the leadership and management necessary to select, organize, orient and train a project core team to design and implement new systems and processes of a highly complex nature.
- Assesses team skills and adjusts project plans and resources accordingly.
- Researches, plans and develops project scope, budgets, and schedules for
- approval by Information Services Management. May be asked to present project budgets and schedules to the Information Systems Steering Committee.
- Monitors, develops and maintains appropriate business relationships with internal customers and affiliated hardware and software vendors to facilitate and expedite projects.
- Assists end users with complex process/workflow redesign efforts.
- Implements and completely manages complex/multifaceted projects including design, development, testing, reports, related policies/procedures and system documentation.
- Understands the impact of their project and assigned applications and how they it integrate with the organization’s multi-facility HIS systems.
On-going Application/System support:
- Maintains and develops core team and super user expertise for established systems as needed.
- Supports and maintains all facets of several application systems and programs, ensuring they address the needs of their business units.
- Audits and recommends changes as necessary on an on-going basis.
- Maintains assigned systems, applications, and processes.
- Effectively and efficiently solves complex system and applications problems.
- Develops/programs complex applications and reports to meet user needs.
Training/Education of Customers:
- Develops training plan for projects and ongoing support.
- Coordinates, implements and monitors the development and maintenance of training materials.
- Coordinates, implements and monitors the development of departmental and downtime procedures.
- Coordinates, implements and monitors the coordination of schedules and end user training.
- Coordinates, implements and monitors the development and analysis of training evaluations.
- Provides follow up feedback to management or team members as to the results of training material and classes.
- Accurately trains others on how to utilize systems and/or related hardware in performing their daily functions in a one-on-one and/or classroom setting.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in computer science, business, clinical discipline or public health.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years of relevant experience.
- Meditech Laboratory Experience, Micro, Blood Bank and Pathology desired.