Physician Relations Manager
Sinai Health System has an exciting opportunity to become part of our team!
The Manager, Physician Relations plans, implements and tracks results of physician relationship development, sales activity, and related marketing programs for Sinai Medical Group (SMG), and for Sinai Health System (SHS) and its member entities. Facilitates the strengthening of existing physician referral relationships and the development of new physician referral relationships. Educates referral sources on the high quality and the depth and breadth of SMG and other SHS entity services. Coaches physicians and other SMG and SHS caregivers in effective relationship development approaches and the use of sales techniques and tools.
Essential Duties and Functions Include but are not limited to:
- Takes a lead role in creating quarterly relationship development plans for SMG and SHS in conjunction with SMG and SHS executive and physician leaders
- Participates in the analysis of and selection of relationship development targets and in the creation and refinement of strategies, tactics and tools to build “relationships with intent”.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with physicians, medical professionals, managers and support staff at area federally qualified health center clinic sites, private physician practices, independent practice associations, acute care hospitals, outpatient physician clinics, nursing homes and home health agencies.
- Collects, reviews and evaluates physician relationship development tracking data to identify trends, results and opportunities and prepares monthly reports with analysis and recommends detailed follow up plans for SMG and SHS leadership.
- Helps train and coach physicians and other caregivers in the effective use of sales strategies, approaches and tools, Develops, communicates, and rehearses pre-visit plans with physicians and other caregivers involved in relationship development initiatives.
- Effectively gathers and communicates information from referral sources on their service needs from SMG and SHS, including specific operational improvement opportunities. Promptly communicates actions taken back to referral sources to demonstrate organizational receptivity and responsiveness to feedback.
- Identifies and helps develop new business opportunities for SMG and SHS.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 3 years of physician sales and business development experience within the healthcare field.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s Degree in a marketing related discipline is desirable.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Demonstrated excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills with all levels in the organization.
- Ability to create, implement, communicate and monitor physician relationship development plans.
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to use Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to provide leadership, coaching, motivation and development to others.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group.
- Knowledge of referral relationship development and strategies to increase volumes.