Physician Assistant - Emergency Department
The Sinai Health System entity, Sinai Medical Group (SMG) Emergency Department is seeking an experienced Physician Assistant! The Physician Assistant is an Allied Health Professional who functions dependently under the direction of an attending physician and may be involved with patients in any medical setting for which the attending physician is responsible at Sinai Health System.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Obtains and records appropriate and accurate medical histories.
- Performs and records comprehensive physical examinations.
- Orders diagnostic tests based on established guidelines which are signed and dated by the Physician Assistant.
- Makes presumptive diagnosis and implements treatment plan per guidelines
- Manages medical problems per guidelines.
- Promptly reports any substantive changes in the patient condition to attending physician.
- Promptly reports to attending physician any anticipated decisions that would exceed guidelines.
- Refers to specialty physicians per guidelines.
- Holds responsibility for all requirements necessary to maintain a valid license including re-certification and continuing education requirements.
- Maintains certification in basic CPR, ACLS and PALS.
- Participates in Quality Assurance activities.
- Maintains continuity of care with attending’s, residents, fellow physician assistants and students.
Registry (On-call): Rotating 9 & 12 hr. shifts including days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
Graduate of an NCCPA approved PA program
Successful completion of the NCCPA examination
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
Must be able to work under demanding time and work capacity constraints.
Must have excellent organizational and attention to detail skills.
Must be willing to work rotating shifts including overnights.
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
At least 1 year of experience
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Current Physician Assistant licensure in the State of Illinois.
DEA licensure for controlled substances
Illinois controlled substance licensure
Special instructions on how to apply:
To apply for this position please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line. You may also fax your resume to (773)257-6290 attention Marisa Robertson. Applications can also be obtained in person at 15th and California from the Human Resources department Monday - Friday from 8:30am - 4:30pm. Sinai Health System is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. TTY number: 773-257-6289.