GENERAL SUMMARY/BASIC PURPOSE OF JOB:
Responsible for providing pharmaceutical care to patients including appropriateness, safety, and efficacy of therapy, enters orders and patient information accurately; verifies that all Pharmacy Technician-prepared orders are completed accurately prior to release; maintains security of pharmacy and controlled substances; provides assistance in the orientation and training of Pharmacy Department staff; keeps the Director of Pharmacy apprised of the daily activities of the department; and provides assistance in the operation and maintenance of the Pharmacy Department. Duties may also include working on the unit as a decentralized Pharmacist. The Sinai Health System is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. TTY number: 773-257-6289.
- Graduate of a college of Pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE).
- Doctor of Pharmacy and hospital pharmacy residency (PGY1) preferred.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
- One year of hospital pharmacy experience.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent drug knowledge-base including pharmacokinetics, dosing and nutritional support.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Licensed as a Registered Pharmacist in the State of Illinois.
Special Instructions on how to apply:
To apply for this position please email your resume to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line. You may also fax your resume to (773)257-6290 attention Marisa Robertson. Applications can also be obtained in person at 15th and California from the Human Resources department Monday - Friday from 8:30am - 4:30pm. Sinai Health System is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. TTY number: 773-257-6289.