The Parent Instructor provides professional instruction to families using the approved curriculum.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Provide home based parent instruction during which the parent instructor implements interactive individualized family learning activities and projects to expand parent’s child development knowledge; demonstrate meaning play/learning activities for children; increase parent/guardian/child bonding; positive discipline and communication.
- Recruit new families for the program.
- Assess family needs and provide developmentally appropriate information, guidance and support to parents.
- Required to conduct the number of home based parent instruction visits to families and children based of approved curriculum.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of home visits and contacts with families and children.
- Facilitate play groups, parent group meetings.
- Participate in professional development trainings and activities as required.
- Complete and submit forms and required reports in a timely manner.
- Communicate regularly with parents regarding the development and other educational concerns of their children.
- Through interaction with parents empower them to be their child’ first and most important teacher by encouraging positive parent/child interaction and expressing the importance of same.
- BA in early childhood education, child development or a related field.
- Minimum of two years working with families and children.
- Strong interest in and successful experience working with children and families from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, time management skills and ability to complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to provide own transportation and follow a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
To apply for this position, email your resume to email@example.com.