The MRI Department is seeking an experienced MRI technologist to provide safe quality patient care, utilizing appropriate coils for diagnostic purposes directed by a Radiologist.
Sinai Health System is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. TTY number: 773-257-6289.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Maintains and follows established department policies and procedures. Practices the objectives of the quality assurance program and safety standards.
- Demonstrates and adheres to the department’s policies concerning: MRI safety by screening all patients and visitors, incident reporting, broken or out of order equipment and preventive maintenance. Is a super user of equipment and can trouble shoot errors and assists in calling in service. Handles equipment appropriately and trains other technologists on proper handling. Uses critical thinking to resolve any problems and complaints to ensure continued efficiency of department.
- Performs the MRI procedures according to department policy and protocols. Knows how to correctly and safely operates all coils and probes in a magnetic field, adjusts sequences for different body parts to include Diffusion, Perfusion, MRA, MRV, FBI, and Cardiac equipment to perform MRI procedures including post processed MIP Reconstructions. Monitors own images for quality including but not limited to correct markings and patient labels, no motion, and correct positioning.
- Demonstrates knowledge to adjust sequences for different body parts to include Diffusion, Perfusion, MRA, MRV, FBI, Cardiac equipment to perform MR procedures including post processed MIP Reconstructions. Performs specialty work such as dynamic and pediatric scanning. Demonstrates operation of machinery to produce 3 plane images in different weights such as T1/T2 Stir Diffusion sequence modes; Refers to protocols to avoid repeats. Selects and adjust coils, sets equipment controls such as TR, TE, Slice thickness, NAQ FOV. Complies with department’s pre- and post- special procedures patient care like; Time Outs and IV infiltration when needed.
- Monitors supplies and notifies the quality technologist when supplies are low. Monitors orders in Meditech to ensure they are verified, completed or cancelled. Relays information to Quality Technologist.
- Administers IV contrast following established protocol. Proficient in IV needle insertion per policy and procedure.
- Explains exams to patient, giving approximate exam duration, and instructs and assists patient in assuming physical position for examination. Takes the time to reduce patient anxieties and obtain patient cooperation to reduce motion. Demonstrates ability to properly address privacy issues including consent for exam forms and patient procedures being performed. Demonstrates knowledge of criteria to identify victims of abuse/neglect. Provides interpreters when needed.
- Considers the patient’s after registration waiting period and observes the 30 min. waiting period policy for inpatient & ER patients. Coordinates and monitors workload and patient flow. Monitors outpatient wait times and assists in moving the patients through the department. Communicates wait times to patients. Consistently and continuously communicates with the all patients about any delay in exam time.
- Works collaboratively with Quality Technologist/coworkers to monitor and correct patient schedules to anticipate any coordination issues prior to exams. Assists quality technologist in revising the patient and technologists schedules as needed. Work a flexible schedule if needed.
- Accurately selects equipment for use in MRI according to specifications of examination. Documents patient information accurately. Successfully identifies and visualizes all necessary structures, labels all structures in PACS. Performs QDA and work list reports daily, complete and log all information.
- Demonstrates knowledge of MRI Safety according American College of Radiology (ACR) safety policy. Has knowledge of policies and documentation of IV infiltrations, Code Stroke and trauma. Adheres to infection control policy. Practices MRI Safety to eliminate errors reaching the patient. Demonstrates knowledge and ability in use of departmental equipment such as the power injector and MRI scanner.
- Considered an expert user in MRI, adheres to proper protocols to produce 3 plane images in different weights such as T1, T2, Stir Diffusion sequence modes; refers to protocol to avoid repeats providing physicians with high quality images.
- Correctly enters data including patient arrival time, exam start and end time. Completes exam process in Meditech consistently. Works with IS and PACS to keep images transferring.
- Expert knowledge of operation of specialty work such as MRA, MRV, and dynamic and pediatric scanning. Demonstrates ability to address proper safety procedures, equipment safety, and patient safety.
Registry (Per Diem)
MINIMUM EDUCATION: • An Associates degree from an American Medical Association approved course in Radiologic Technology. • Must be certified in MRI from American Registry of Radiologic Technology. MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE: • At least 2 years of experience as a MRI Technologist • Successful experience in training others is preferred. • Strong understanding of the process for MRI accreditation through American College of Radiology REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS: ARRT and CPR required.
Special Instructions on how to apply:
To apply for this position please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line. You may also fax your resume to (773)257-6290 attention Marisa Robertson. Applications can also be obtained in person at 15th and California from the Human Resources department Monday - Friday from 8:30am - 4:30pm. Sinai Health System is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. TTY number: 773-257-6289.