Critical Care Nurse
The Staff Nurse is responsible for providing nursing care as described below on our combined Medical ICU/Coronary Care Unit. Positions are 72 hours per pay period (7:00p - 7:30a) or on-call (PRN/Registry).
- Provides nursing care by individualizing interventions for patients with problems of a non-routine nature.
- Utilizing the nursing process, identifies complex variables and inter-relationships of the assessment data.
- Implements physician and nursing orders as appropriate involving patient, family and significant others.
- Includes discharge planning needs into plan for care and initiates processes to obtain necessary referrals to assist the patient and family and expedite discharge.
- Takes appropriate action in anticipation of potential life-threatening or emergency situations.
- Participates actively and collaborates with multidisciplinary team members to develop a common approach or to modify health care needs.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of two years nursing experience required; trauma experience preferred.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Currently licensed as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Illinois.
- Current CPR & ACLS.
Special Instructions on how to apply:
Please do not apply via the green button at the bottom of the page -To apply for this position please email your resume to email@example.com with the job title and department in the subject line. You may also fax your resume to (773)257-6290 attention Samantha Balaton