Information Systems - Senior Systems Analyst II EMR (Ambulatory Systems)
Support a large multi-specialty medical group on the Nextgen EMR. Understands the ACA MU requirements for physicians needing to attest for Medicaid. Understands and able to implement best practice workflow in clinics. Is comfortable leading peers on projects and developing customer Super User to help support the EMR. Able to understand and work within a multi hospital health system environment. Understand the relationship between a medical group and the health system. Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of a project and assigned applications while maintaining current systems and fulfilling the customers ongoing day to day needs. Formulates/defines system scope and objectives based on user needs, in order to implement and support moderate to complex assigned projects and systems. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Independently manages all aspects of end user training and documentation. Ability to utilize the expertise in their required tool sets to solve system problems and assist with process flow redesign. Exhibits a high level of attention to detail and strong customer service/communication skills. Independently leads small projects or assists with leading large projects while developing project leadership skills. Tasks are accomplished in a timely, efficient and correct manner.
- Provides leadership necessary to implement, and support Nextgen users on complex processes.
- Identifies project team strengths and weaknesses and assists leadership with adjusting project plans and resources.
- Assists end users with process/workflow redesign efforts across multiple departments/modules.
- Ensure project tasks meet customers needs vs wants.
- Assists end users in developing both departmental procedures and downtime procedures.
- Develops and maintains super users (or teams) as needed.
- Under general direction, develops project scope, plans and schedules.
- Facilitates project team discussions and decisions. Records and communicates project team discussions and decisions to key stakeholders.
- Coordinates hardware and network needs as it relates to implementation, support and maintenance of application software assigned.
- Ability to create and achieve timelines for assigned tasks as it relates to project deadlines and organizational goals. Exhibits a high level of attention to detail.
- Creates project management tools to monitor, manage, report and communicate project progress and resources required.
- Under general direction, researches and develops project budgets and costs
- Implements and completely manages simple/moderately complex projects including design, development, testing, reports, related policies/procedures and system documentation.and system documentation.and system documentation.
- Develops moderate to complex reports that meet user needs and requests.
- Develops/Programs moderate to complex applications.
- Independently develops test plans and conducts testing for multiple applications ensuring system integration and integrity.
- Assists end users in solving moderate to complex system and application problems.
Training and Education:
- Develops training plan for projects and ongoing support.
- Independently develops, performs and maintains training programs as directed, utilizing appropriate tools.
- Provides follow up and feedback to management or team as to the results of training material and classes.
- Nextgen- EHR Certification required
- Minimum 5 years experience working with physician clinical informatics on Nextgen system
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred