Human Resources Business Partner
A progressive HR professional who serves as a business partner to internal clients and provides a broad range of strategic HR services, leadership, leads the change management projects, provides organizational development consulting expertise to multiple, diverse client groups regarding key business issues and manages the HR related internal and external communications. The HR Business Partner will support multiple business functional areas in a matrixed environment and must operate as a strong team player, leveraging relationship skills and business expertise. The HR Business Partner will develop strong working relationships, take a consultative approach and act as a key advisor to members of the business unit leadership team.
- Proactively supports the delivery of HR processes for internal clients by effectively partnering with and leverages the expertise in compensation, employee and organizational development, recruiting, benefits and employee relations to deliver the highest level of expertise and competence to the internal client.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key department and functional leaders. Regularly meets with, develops and maintains effective working relationships with management staff for assigned client group(s) to gain trust and build credibility. Develops and maintains knowledge of client department’s jobs and organization structure
- Provides performance management guidance to all levels of supervisory and management staff to include coaching, counseling, career development and disciplinary action.
- Actively identifies gaps, proposes and implements changes necessary to cover risks and costs.
- Provide employees counseling and information regarding group medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans, qualified status changes, annual enrollment and other benefit matters.
Recruitment and Retention
- Administers full life cycle recruiting including sourcing, screening candidates and testing, scheduling interviews, creating offers within established SHS salary guidelines, post offer background checks and initial on boarding.
- Recruit key talents for the internal client and assists departments with retention methodologies to include performance management, stay interviews, engagement surveys. Works closely with the management and team members to improve working relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Participate in Modified Work Program by assisting Departments with the management of caregivers in the program.
- Design succession plans for key talents and key job positions.
- Assists in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of the base pay structure for the health system.
- Performs job analysis and job evaluation of newly created and revised jobs in order to determine their appropriate pay grade and FLSA status.
- Maintains business units job descriptions. Works with departmental managers to create and revise job descriptions
- Assists internal clients with salary changes including merit increases, market adjustment needs, demotions and promotions and other related issues.
Employee and Labor Relations
- Interacts with all employees and leaders within the assigned business units on employee issues, including administrative and disciplinary matters.
- Investigate labor/employee issues, and if necessary, coordinate efforts with Employee/Labor relations manager and/or general counsel
- Provide guidance to leadership and staff on a day-to-day interpretation and application of company practices and processes, corrective actions, caregiver counseling and dispute resolution.
- Administers and interprets labor agreements, assists in contract negotiations, investigates grievances and meets with the union to resolve or respond to those grievances.
- Conducts confidential investigations regarding grievances and other serious complaints and coordinates written responses.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field is required; masters preferred.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of increasing HR experience preferably in a unionized environment.
- Prior HR business partner experience strongly preferred.
- Broad knowledge in employee relations, labor relations, staffing and retention, compensation and benefits, policy application, change/transition management processes, coaching, and communications
- Prior healthcare experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Team player
- Communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Project management and change management skills
- Strong business acumen
- Strong time management and priorities management skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to travel locally
REQUIRED LICENSES, Certificates, Registrations:
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE EMAIL RESUME AND COVERLETTER TO SAMANTHA.BALATON@SINAI.ORG WITH "BUSINESS PARTNER" IN THE SUBJECT LINE. RESUMES ARE ALSO ACCEPTED IN THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT 1500 SOUTH CALIFORNIA, CHICAGO IL 60608 MONDAY-FRIDAY BETWEEN 7AM-5PM. RESUMES MAY BE FAXED TO 773.257.6290 ATTENTION SAMANTHA BALATON.