The Central Business Office is seeking an experienced, Spanish speaking Financial Counselor to assist patients and other parties necessary to assist in the prompt resolution of outstanding self pay account balances. The qualified candidate will conduct financial interviews, makes payment arrangements and conduct necessary follow-up on those arrangements ensuring compliance with appropriate policies and procedures.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Schedules and conducts financial/social interviews when appropriate to determine assistance eligibility and payment arrangement prior to patients' outpatient visit.
- Aggressively investigates all aspects of third party payer coverage to assure maximum reimbursement for all services rendered.
- Assists patients and guarantors in account payment and resolution services.
- Obtains all necessary information from patients, guarantors and/or their families
- Documents all transactions for related telephone calls, letters, and client interviews for the patients' file.
- Assists patients in thoroughly filling out relevant applications and paperwork for financial assistance provided by the Health System and/or other resources.
- Works closely with other financial assistance departments and agencies to ensure that the patient is receiving the necessary services.
- Updates patient account system with financial responsibility status.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate Required
- College Degree preferred
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Previous customer service experience.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience with personal computers.
- Work requires ability to exchange information on factual matters, explain policies, and/or relay messages to appropriate personnel. This type of interaction requires courtesy and tact when dealing with patients and./or Health System employees.
- Work requires proofreading and checking documents for accuracy.
- Excellent oral and written skills, Spanish a must.
- Excellent analytical and mathematical ability.
Special Instructions on how to apply:
To apply for this position please email your resume to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line. You may also fax your resume to (773)257-6290 attention Marisa Robertson. Applications can also be obtained in person at 15th and California from the Human Resources department Monday - Friday from 8:30am - 4:30pm. Sinai Health System is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. TTY number: 773-257-6289.