DIRECTOR, IMAGING SERVICES
Under the direction of the Vice President, Ancillary Clinical Services, and Chairman of the Department of Radiology, the Director of Imaging is responsible for providing operational, financial, quality and strategic leadership for all medical imaging services (General Diagnostic, Vascular lab, General Ultrasound, OB Ultrasound, MRI, CT, Radiation Therapy, Mammography, Interventional Radiology and Diagnostic Support). In conjunction with the leadership team, sets goals and objectives for departmental services and delineates strategies for achieving stated goals and objectives. Directs annual capital and operational budget preparation and is responsible for monitoring the judicious utilization of resources. Coordinates vendor contract negotiations in collaboration with Vice President, SHS Finance, and SHS Supply Chain. Supports department leadership team and promotes communication and collaboration across SHS entities in support of key services and service lines. Acts as leader, mentor and role model in the provision of excellent customer service and professionalism. Sinai Health System is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. TTY number: 773-257-6289.
ESSENTIAL FUNICTIONS AND DUTIES
- Develops, implements and reviews policies and procedures that reflect current knowledge, best practice and standards of care for the modalities of Imaging Services.
- In conjunction with the Vice President, Medical Director, Imaging leadership and staff, sets goals and objectives for the division and delineates strategies for implementing and achieving goals.
- Serves as a role model, both internal and external to the organization, by exhibiting leadership behaviors such as encouraging and involving others, delegating authority, facilitating decision-making and building consensus between and within the organization.
- Incorporates best practice/benchmarking for improvement in processes and outcomes for patients and staff.
- Develops and leverages analytics to pursue and guide process and operational enhancement opportunities as part of overall management and strategy.
- Incorporates performance improvement methods to improve processes and outcomes for patients and staff.
- Participates in the implementation of programs and practices designed to improve morale, employee job satisfaction and engagement, working conditions and communication among caregivers.
- Demonstrates ability to use professional and ethical judgment. Utilizes high-level critical thinking skills in managing all aspects of departmental operations.
- Promotes an atmosphere of mutual respect among all disciplines associated with services provided.
- Ensures proper provisions and criteria for employee orientation across the various roles in the division.
- Demonstrates knowledge of all equipment in the department pertaining to radiology services.
- Demonstrates knowledge of various radiology techniques and special procedures.
- Periodically evaluates roles, functions and performance of departmental staff and initiates corrective actions as required.
- Coordinates efforts and makes recommendations to the Vice President and Chairman regarding major equipment purchases and leases.
- Collaborates with the Imaging Services Sections Chiefs and staff to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the respective disciplines.
- Ensures that proper procedures and processes are being followed, documented and reported for imaging services.
- Facilitates communication concerning volume projections and growth opportunities during annual budgeting processes and monitors adherence to budget goals throughout the fiscal year.
- Provides for, and ensures, charge description master (CDM) for each modality is reviewed on an annual basis and is current and consistent with charging practices allowed by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Responsible for structuring technical fees and for coding and auditing within established guidelines.
- Provides effective oversight, management and analysis for the development and execution of the comprehensive Imaging Services budget within +/- 3.0% percent on an ongoing basis.
- Develops action plans around volume and expense management as appropriate and consistent with budget goals. Executes budget goals and objectives in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Ensure the periodic (at least on an annual basis) training and review of proper charging and related practices within the division.
- Ensures an active quality improvement program is functional and links both the technical and professional components of operations across imaging modalities.
- Develops and implements Continuous Quality Improvement programs, as necessary, within each clinical area. Ensures that quality improvement programs are an integral part of the Institutional Process Improvement Program.
- Supports the quality improvement program for the division and its integration into operations and in performance improvement for staff through the evaluation process.
- Responsible for the quality of all patient care and support activities of the department.
- Effectively collaborates with the discipline section chiefs of the various modalities to ensure strong operations and clinical quality.
- Continually assesses professional performance to improve quality and customer service as a responsible member of the health care team.
- Ensures all patient care staff maintain appropriate and valid licensure and any additional certification(s) required of the respective position.
- Ensures the division meets all accrediting body regulations, rules and guidelines (i.e., JCHAO, IEMA, IDPH, ACR).
STRATEGIC PLANNING/PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT
- Coordinates financial feasibility studies and develops proposals for new business opportunities with Imaging Services.
- Develops a collaborative relationship with the local healthcare community and physicians to better support and promote SHS’s overall short and long-term goals.
- Works closely with hospital key leadership to support marketing research and development, overall strategic planning and implementation of strategic services lines (i.e., Oncology, Neurology, Cardiology and Endocrinology.)
- Identifies, pursues and executes service line improvements that result in improved clinical quality, patient service, employee satisfaction, operational efficiency and service line contribution margin.
- Manages Imaging Services needs that are provided to SHS such as clinical quality interpretations and competitive interpretive costs.
- Works collaboratively with existing marketing resources. Develops and leads a marketing strategy and execution plan that results in continual growth for all modalities with the Imaging Service lines.
- Mentors and develops division leadership consistent with the divisional goals and personal development plans.
- Maintains current knowledge of standards of care, including market and health care trends, via literature, educational events and internal and external networking and resources.
- Maintains membership(s) in professional and community organizations, as appropriate.
- Participates in activities to enhance professional growth by involvement in professional organizations and continuing education.
- Bachelors Degree or comparable level of education experience is required; Masters preferred.
- Graduate of an American Medical Association approved two-year course in radiologic technology is preferred.
- Previous progressive experience of at least five to seven years in a leadership role is required; prior leadership experience at a Manager/Director role in Radiology is strongly preferred;
- Prior experience in a leadership role involving clinical or clinically related services is strongly preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Solid computer skills in spreadsheet and documents
- Demonstrated ability to delegate, lead, coach and motivate staff.
- Highly developed knowledge of imaging techniques and best practice.
- Certification by Illinois Department of Nuclear Safety preferred.
- Certification from American Registry of Radiologic Technology preferred.
Special Instructions on how to apply:
To apply for this position please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line. You may also fax your resume to (773)257-6290 attention Marisa Robertson. Applications can also be obtained in person at 15th and California from the Human Resources department Monday - Friday from 8:30am - 4:30pm.