The Department of Imaging is seeking an experienced CT Technologist to provide various special procedures using radiological techniques in a defined functional area for diagnostic purposes as directed by a Radiologist.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
• Performs special procedures to produce radiologic film for patient diagnosis and treatment.
• Operates various radiological equipment to perform CT procedures including CSR, 3D reconstructions.
• Prepares patients for examination and assists in the examination.
• Administers contrast following established procedures.
• Performs specialty work as drainages and biopsies.
• Prepares and maintains appropriate records as required.
• Positions patient on the scanning table and adjusts immobilization devices to obtain optimum views of specified area, make exposures and assists the physician during exam.
• Operates machinery to produce radiographic images in screen/film and fluoroscopic modes according to protocol to avoid repeats.
• Places patient identification on images; transports images to appropriate areas; completes exams.
• Explains procedures to patients to reduce anxieties and obtains patient cooperation.
• Moves CT equipment into specified position and adjusts equipment controls to set exposure factors such as time and distance.
• Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation exposure to patients and staff.
• Provides patients with necessary education to perform the requested exam.
• Transports patients and operates CT equipment.
• Demonstrates knowledge in performing the following procedures: CT post, Myelogram, extremity and pelvis, aortic arch, drainages and catheter usage.
• Knows CT techniques for age-specific patient needs including procedures for port chest, skull, abd, extremity and pelvis.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and ability to use departmental equipment such as the power injector and CT scanner.
• Demonstrates knowledge of criteria to identify victims of abuse and/or neglect.
• Demonstrates ability to address privacy issues including consent forms and patient procedures being performed.
• Demonstrates ability to address proper safety procedures including shielding from radiation, equipment and patient safety.
2 POSITIONS AVAILABLE:
REGISTRY (Weekends, 2nd, and 3rd shift)
PART-TIME (32hrs. per week, mostly weekends, nights, days, afternoons)