PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Prepare all patients meals according to approved recipes.
2. Ensure that all food is at the proper temperatures and that they are recorded in the
3. Ensure that all HAACP guidelines are followed during all aspects of food production.
4. Ensure that work area is clean and free of debris. Follow all cleaning lists.
5. Work in conjunction with the Director on new ideas for retail food.
6. Ensure that all food prep is dated and labeled properly.
7. Ensure that all food needed for prep is accomplished within the hours of their shift.
8. Take all cooler and freezer temperatures in the areas that they are assigned.
9. Ensure the production sheets are followed and that leftover logs are completed on a daily
Education and/or licensure requirements:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D required.
- Culinary Degree (A.A.S, Certificate, or B.A. preferred but not required)
- Compliant with PPD requirements
- City of Chicago Sanitation Certificate
- 3-5 years foodservice experience, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Ability to work well in a team environment in order to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Communicate needs effectively to management.
- Ability to “think on the run” and deal with stressful situations.
- Can prevent problems by recognizing potential problems
To apply for this position please email your resume to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line. You may also fax your resume to (773)257-6290 attention Diane Scott. Applications can also be obtained in person at 15th and California from the Human Resources department Monday - Friday from 8:30am - 4:30pm.
Sinai Health System is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. TTY number: 773-257-6289.