Conceptualize, create, implement and refine communications strategies and tactics that will effectively deliver SHS’ messages to internal and external audiences, elevating caregiver engagement and organizational reputation, as well as raising awareness and preference for SHS’ services among area consumers. Utilize excellent writing skills for print and digital communications, including social media.
- In collaboration with the Director of Public Relations and Communications, develops and implements communications initiatives to support the SHS strategic plan, brand positioning, and operational/business plans of SHS and its entities
- Plays a key role in integrating internal communications and media communications with advertising and promotional campaigns for SHS’ and its entities. Identifies and implements creative communications vehicles that effectively reach target audiences within SHS’ local communities
- In concert with the Vice President and the Director, creates content, writes and edits communications, including internal and external electronic and print newsletters, Musings, letters, annual reports, media releases or statements, entity overview sheets, presentations, articles and other communications as needed.
- Collaborates with the Vice President, Director and the Marketing team in the development and implementation of SHS’ social media strategy and tactics, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn,and other social media sites
- Reviews and evaluates the effectiveness of Sinai.org website and social media efforts and proactively identifies opportunities to measure and improve return on investment of such activities.
- Completes communications-related projects in support of specific SHS initiatives, including The Sinai Tomorrow Project, Clinical Service Line Development, Sounds of Sinai, SHS fundraising events, Medical Staff events and the SHS Annual Meeting.
- In collaboration with the Director, coordinates photography and videography activities and photo/video file management across SHS’ entities and with outside vendors
- Collaborates with the Marketing Department and caregivers across SHS in the enhancement and updating of content on Sinai.org and in the content editing, fact checking and approval processes. Participates in the management of web-site related vendor relationships to ensure maximum value is achieved.
- Takes a key supporting role in strengthening SHS’ community engagement initiatives, including communications and relationship development with Latino and African-American caregivers, patients, community-based organizations, businesses and government officials.
- Contributes to departmental competitive monitoring activity by identifying and analyzing the communications activities of competitors and strategic partners. Based on such analyses, develops and implements more impactful ways to communicate information to internal and external audiences.
- Collaborates with Human Resources, Development, Medical Staff Office, Finance/Revenue Cycle and other departments to ensure that communications are consistent with SHS’ Mission, Vision, Values, strategies and brand positioning.
To apply and to be considered for employement, please email resume and coverletter to email@example.com with "Communications Specialist" in the subject line. Faxed resumes are also accepted at (773)257-6290 attention Samantha Balaton.
- Bachelors Degree in Communications or related field.
- Graduate work or an advanced degree in communications or digital media related field is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of communications practices and techniques in order to develop, implement and evaluate communications plans.
- Experience and skills in digital writing, web content management, and social media.
- Must be highly organized and have the ability to complete projects within stated time frames.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a highly collaborative team member
- Comfortable working with caregivers at all levels and in embracing SHS’ diversity
- Must be able to focus on maximizing the impact of limited resources.
- Three (3) to five (5) years Communications experience, preferably in healthcare services or related field.