The experienced surgical Coding Analyst provides training, support, and billing assistance to the billing department in the areas of charge capture, billing and coding practices, compliance, according to CMS and third party guidelines, for the purpose of optimizing reimbursement, and decreasing complain liability. In addition, this position is responsible for coding general surgery, endo, and gastro services. The Sinai Health System is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. TTY number: 773-257-6289.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Acts as a liaison between physician and billing service for reimbursement issues.
- Reviews problem payments and explanations of benefits, from the Third Party Collection team members, writes appeal letters/calls to insurance companies with supporting Correct Coding documentation to assure that reimbursement is made fairly for all services.
- Proactively and retrospectively audits charts on random basis, making recommendations, advisor for physicians.
- Makes recommendations for the Director/Billing Manger for subsequent meetings with department chairs, physicians, and staff.
- Audits the billing staff of own team to assure compliance with coding, accuracy and notification for any billing deficiencies provides educational support for team to assure that these deficiencies are correct.
- Reviews all correct coding guidelines n a routine basis, communicating these to staff and physicians.
- Audit electronic charge capture, surgical coding and informs physicians of coding changes recommended.
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of CPT, ICD-9 coding, and Medical terminology.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of CPC or AART, or RHT with medical practice experience.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Some college or medical practice training preferred
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of claims submission and rejections process.
- At least 3 years in a medical practice setting, with direct physician contact.
- Must possess certification as CPC, AART, RHIT, or CCSP.
Special Instructions on how to apply:
To apply for this position please email your resume to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line. You may also fax your resume to (773)257-6290 attention Marisa Robertson. Applications can also be obtained in person at 15th and California from the Human Resources department Monday - Friday from 8:30am - 4:30pm. Sinai Health System is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. TTY number: 773-257-6289.