Chief Medical Officer
The Chief Medical Officer reports directly to the Senior Vice-President for Holy Cross and indirectly to the CMO for Sinai Health System. Works closely with administrative staff, medical staff and its leadership to improve the quality of the medical staff and to engage the medical staff in furthering the mission of Holy Cross Hospital and Sinai Health System. Supervises and exercises authority over the Medical Staff with respect to its professional responsibilities, patient care quality and safety and performance improvement functions. Promotes an organization-wide culture around quality improvement and patient safety. Participates in the development of hospital-wide goals, objectives, budgets and policies.
Education and Experience:
- MD, with Illinois license
- Board certification
- Medical staff membership at Holy Cross Hospital
- Minimum of 5 years clinical experience
- Minimum of 8 years of management experience preferred
- Demonstrated continuous education in management and leadership development
- Experience with and commitment to continuous performance and quality improvement
A high level of interpersonal skills are required in order to interact with the Medical Staff, Nursing Staff, Hospital Administration, patients and family members; maintaining a productive and quality patient care environment and mediating delicate and/or sensitive issues.
A high level of problem solving and analytical skills are required in order to incorporate Hospital patient care and business practices into the medical practices of the Medical Staff.