The Billing Specialist is primarily responsibility for the accuracy, quality and timeliness of all billable services processed for SMG and its affiliations. Billing Specialist is experienced in all aspects or billing and coding for professional billing and Physician services and related specialties. Results Anticipated: Decrease in denied charges due to improved edit review processes prior to bill delivery. Improved delivery times for every claim format to assure timely processing. Decreased audit exposures resulting from improved quality checks.
• Decrease in denied charges due to improved edit review processes prior to bill delivery.
• Improved delivery times for every claim format to assure timely processing.
• Decreased audit exposures resulting from improved quality checks.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Daily audits of claims inventory for accuracy prior to billing.
- Work exception reports to reprocess rejected claims from EMC systems daily.
- Assure timely generation of all billing processes including secondary claims delivery.
- Maintain established quality assurance standards as prescribed by departmental standard operational procedures.
- Maintain Logs and report coding and data entry error trends to immediate supervisor.
- Request authorization /documentation for any requested corrected bill or charge changes prior to delivery of bill.
- Maintain billing logs of processed inventory for productivity control.
- Actively seek to improve and expand knowledge levels regarding coding, rule and regulatory changes through carrier advisories and training courses on a regular basis.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of CPT-4, ICD-9 and HCPCS code rules and standards.
- Actively seek ways to improve the quality, timeliness and efficiency of billing processes for recommendation to immediate supervisor.
Special Instructions on how to apply:
To apply for this position please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line. You may also fax your resume to (773)257-6290 attention Marisa Robertson. Applications can also be obtained in person at 15th and California from the Human Resources department Monday - Friday from 8:30am - 4:30pm. Sinai Health System is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. TTY number: 773-257-6289.