The Admissions Coordinator monitors electronic referrals through a variety of sources. Ensures medical information on referrals are available in electronic format timely to increase response time to referral sources. Begins referral by process by screening referrals and opening up hard chart. Admits patients in Mediate system and ensures completion of all paperwork is signed and scanned into system. Provides quality audits to ensure compliance with Medicare and billing regulations. Interacts with outside referrals sources, outreach and physicians to facilitate a smooth admission process.
This is an in-house registry/on-call position. There are no set hours with this position. This is not a benefits eligible position. Must be able to work as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Previous patient admitting or registration work experience of 1-2 years preferred
- Proficient in using computer application software such as MS Excel and Word; Meditech; and various other office-related applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to interact with a diverse client base including patients and their family members; medical center staff; and external parties as required.
- High level of organizational and attention to detail skills.
- Ability to follow-through and ensure tasks are brought to successful completion.