Accounting Manager (System)
ssist in the direction and administration of the hospital’s financial operation. This position is responsible for timely and accurate reporting of all financial data and for providing reports required by the senior management and regulatory and rating agencies. The Manager of Accounting is responsible for the development, analysis and interpretation of statistical and accounting information to appraise profitability capital expenditures and performance against budget.
- Reports to: System Controller
- Provides Supervision to: Staff of the Accounting Department & Staff of the Payroll and Accounts Payable Departments
Essential Job Duties include:
- Assists in development, implementation and maintenance of accounting policies and procedures required to safeguard the system’s assets, performing complex accounts payable/payroll processing and cash management work.
- Develops, implements and maintains effective and efficient payroll, credit and collection, internal control, and management information systems within the organization.
- Issues internal and external financial reports in order to provide management, the Board of Directors, the regulatory bodies, and the rating agencies with a precise review of the system’s financial position.
- Oversees the maintenance of Payroll and A/P; generates reports for management and verifies accuracy of data.
- Review all financial statements to ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial condition of all entities.
- Oversees timely filing of all accounting and financial reports for governmental and regulatory agencies and preparation of reports for routine publications.
- Is responsible for accounting and control of all capital assets.
- Constantly seek ways to increase and improve the participation with all departments, corporate, divisional and affiliate, in the use of accounting/financial information for planning and problem solving purposes within these users’ respective responsibilities.
- Responsible for maintaining payroll policies and procedures, system upgrades, garnishments, and wage and tax reporting compliance.
- Interact with department heads and administration to provide information and assistance regarding individual departmental financial concerns.
- Interpret the rulings by the federal, state, and local laws and regulations of all other financial reporting requirements imposed by various regulatory agencies including FASB to insure recognition and administration.
- Acts as a resource for the Accounting Department; performs timely performance evaluations, sets clear expectations and measurable performance goals.
- Recommends training requirements; keeps the staff at the highest level of skill necessary to meet the SHS’ needs and objectives.
- Establishes work standards and schedules and ensures their effective implementation in the Accounting Department; assigns work to employees and trains employees in work procedures and methods; reviews employee’ work for accuracy and takes steps to correct inadequate performance; approves employee’ work schedules and time reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of five (5) years or more of progressive experience in the field of Accounting (experience from the healthcare industry is required)
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Comprehensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), as well as Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB) pronouncements and interpretations.
- Meditech experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of funding policies and conditions of federal, state, and local funding sources.
- Considerable knowledge of budget preparation and administration and of data processing and its application to accounting and management information systems and to the development of statistical, cost and evaluation data and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of federal, state and local payroll tax laws.
- Track record of developing, implementing, administering and monitoring administrative policies and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively and proactively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse working environment.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to provide leadership, coaching, motivation and development to reporting staff.
- Computer literacy; experience in working with Meditech or Kronos/API is preferred.
- Proficiency in using all applications of MS Office.
REQUIRED LICENSES, Certificates, Registrations:
- CPA license preferred.